PDA

View Full Version : what is a chav??

staggy_gsi
15-10-06, 11:24 AM
ive read a lot of stuff on here about so-called chavs. im interseted to find out what your definitions of 'chav' actually is.
i wear adidas trackys, drive around in my nova and listen to Dizstruxshon etc, does that make me a chav? and if so what have i ever done to you?

draper
15-10-06, 12:13 PM
i always think chav explains the attitude of someone - hanging round the streets, no respect for anyone and thinking there 50 cent and wishing tyhe lived in a ghetto

doesnt really matter what you/they/we wear - ive got a burbeery cap still lol

Jim Mcrae
15-10-06, 12:20 PM
A chav is low life scuf who drive ****e cars like absoulte tossers and deserve to be banned. The talk out of there **** and think they could floor lenix lewis. Spend all their "hard earned" on white lightning and solid. Hobbies include spitting on the floor and breaking into other peoples houses and cars and getting school girls up the duff.

draper
15-10-06, 12:23 PM
A chav is low life scuf who drive ****e cars like absoulte tossers and deserve to be banned. The talk out of there **** and think they could floor lenix lewis. Spend all their "hard earned" on white lightning and solid. Hobbies include spitting on the floor and breaking into other peoples houses and cars and getting school girls up the duff.

amen brother

rednova
15-10-06, 12:57 PM
years ago we called em chavas went from there i think but people associate burberry etc with it now thanks to rich chavas etc

Phil

General Baxter
15-10-06, 01:08 PM
ive read a lot of stuff on here about so-called chavs. im interseted to find out what your definitions of 'chav' actually is.
i wear adidas trackys, drive around in my nova and listen to Dizstruxshon etc, does that make me a chav? and if so what have i ever done to you?

chav lol :thumb:

Wilson
15-10-06, 01:23 PM
I wear trackies and classics etc. unless im goin pub or summin and listen to garage etc. but i wouldnt say im a chav as i earn all my money, dont steal, dont smoke weed, dont earn benifits and dont drive like a complete dick or start on every person that walks past!

Welsh Dan
15-10-06, 01:33 PM
Its much more about the attitude than the lack of dress sense :).

dannyb
15-10-06, 04:37 PM
Definitely more to do with a socially irresponsible attitude! Chavs have always been about as Rednova says, but these days they are more prolific with ASBO stories in The Sun and other papers and the social acceptance of celebrity chavs.
For further information, see Devvo:
http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

Philsutton
15-10-06, 05:28 PM
single figure IQ is normally a good starting point for most chavs, massive inbred familys never worked a day in their life. Only thing they live for is benefits and stealing other peoples hard earned items. Also pikeys are near enough they same expect they live in caravans and steal your tarmac.

vaughanmc
15-10-06, 05:36 PM
think a bodykit on a car and side decal/vinyls make it faster..

liam_ere
15-10-06, 06:41 PM
also use language lik safe,blad,get me E.T.C after every word they say mostly see them outside shops loud and mouthy with their chums but catch them on their own they soon say it was them blad but i wouldn't n e 1 on here is a chav as they cant afford the internet connections lol

draper
15-10-06, 06:44 PM
but i wouldn't n e 1 on here is a chav as they cant afford the internet connections lol

and gaskells banned

coochiSR
15-10-06, 06:45 PM
cant afford the internet connections lol

lol and yeah they hang aroujnd in large groups shouting abuse at people to make them look 'ard, then they'll crowd round 1 kid and beat him for no reason what so ever, they're WASTERS, with bad dress sense, a low IQ,who are on benefits, inbreed, thieifing lilttle C***S!

Dan

coochiSR
15-10-06, 06:45 PM
and gaskells banned
PMSL!!!
Dan

staggy_gsi
15-10-06, 06:48 PM
glad to see you lot aint as stereo typical as the people round here. the number of times ive bin shouted at by people calling me a chav. there is more to a person than what they wear/drive/listen to etc.

liam_ere
15-10-06, 07:32 PM
i wouldnt judge ppl by wt they wear n listen 2 coz i wear like tracky bottoms but im nt a chav n i listen 2 any thin i lik the sound of i dnt care every1 is different

Welsh Dan
15-10-06, 07:40 PM
i wouldnt judge ppl by wt they wear n listen 2 coz i wear like tracky bottoms but im nt a chav n i listen 2 any thin i lik the sound of i dnt care every1 is different

Prime example of chav typing though :p.

draper
15-10-06, 07:41 PM
Prime example of chav typing though :p.

lol i was going to say that lol

liam_ere
15-10-06, 09:17 PM
ye it took me ages to think how to put some of them lmao thank you for noticing any way lol

mowgli
15-10-06, 09:43 PM
we have chavs in Leicestershire.
One of them is a 16 year old waster who actually cruises round on an old tractor that has some subtle mods, ie. twenty spot lights, a beacon bar & a 20ft CB aerial. Oh and he plays Ghetto Rap really loud. I can't actually think of a word good enough to describe him. Over to you chaps!

Welsh Dan
15-10-06, 09:46 PM
Redneck.

Tricky69
15-10-06, 10:00 PM
and steal your tarmac.

then lay it on someone elses drive for stupid dollar

staggy_gsi
15-10-06, 10:26 PM
'dollar'? up here thats considered quite a 'chavvy' word lol

milfhunter
15-10-06, 10:28 PM
www.chavscum.co.uk.

this site should be helpful.

i have trouble with 'chavs' on the estate i live on. 1 lad decided to break my dads wing mirror on his van. its only a little rascal like but he workes hard for his money n doesnt want his valuables damaged.

anyway i broke the lads jaw n gave his 2 mates black eyes n a HUGE dent do his ego.

ha best friday night in a long time

mowgli
15-10-06, 10:31 PM
round here, the travelling people buy some top coat tarmac & then thin it out with red diesel then mix in some old engine oil so it shines, and then do a drive & its owner. They leave with the words, 'keep off it for a couple of days so it can set' it will never set.

Ps. redneck is not an insult, it describes a person who works outdoors.
the kid with the tractor actually tries to attract girls with it. The correct term for what he is would get me chucked off the site quicker than gaskell.

staggy_gsi
15-10-06, 10:32 PM
you'd better watch it now mate, they'll go and get their brother's mate's uncle's best mate to batter you lol lol

milfhunter
15-10-06, 10:46 PM
haha!! im shakin in my dickies!! the police backed me up though, i said i was slapped first, obviously i wasnt!

dirty greasy barry boys.

mowgli
15-10-06, 10:50 PM
direct action does have its merits

milfhunter
15-10-06, 10:53 PM
i believe that things can be solved without violence but some people just deserve a proper shoein

draper
16-10-06, 07:18 AM
we have chavs in Leicestershire.
One of them is a 16 year old waster who actually cruises round on an old tractor that has some subtle mods, ie. twenty spot lights, a beacon bar & a 20ft CB aerial. Oh and he plays Ghetto Rap really loud. I can't actually think of a word good enough to describe him. Over to you chaps!

hillbilly, prob shags his sis/cousin/aunty/uncle/mum/brother/dad

Lynsey
16-10-06, 11:39 AM
hillbilly, prob shags his sis/cousin/aunty/uncle/mum/brother/dad

Yeah all at the same time lmfao... lol

Don't forget the sheep/cows/pigs/goats...lol

craig green
16-10-06, 11:48 AM
glad to see you lot aint as stereo typical as the people round here. the number of times ive bin shouted at by people calling me a chav. there is more to a person than what they wear/drive/listen to etc.

This is not an insult.

if you feel strongly about how people perceive you, why not alter your dress sense.

If I wore burberry & track suits together, I can honestly say that after all the p1ss taking & coverage in the SUN etc where chavs have been made a national laughing stock, I wouldnt wear it anymore.

Plenty of so called chavs arent chavs I'm sure, but I would certainly make every effort I can to disassociate myself with anything chav like...

Matt2107
16-10-06, 11:50 AM
I have a body kit... doesnt make me a chav.... also I dont have speedlines or comp mo's.

Jack
16-10-06, 01:15 PM
I have a body kit... doesnt make me a chav.... also I dont have speedlines or comp mo's.
Thats because you're a pikey, too busy trying to sell bits at meets lol

Alex.
16-10-06, 02:06 PM
i thnk if u tlk lyke dis thhen u r a chav,

Wow that took a long time to write. In my opinion anyone that trys to speak like 50cent, dress like him etc then they're a chav. I agree with Craig though. Chavs are a national laughing stock, and I'm sorry but if I got laughed at by the nation, then I think I would change.

Also phrases like "sort ya lyfe out" is a prime example of a chav....lol

NOVATAKER
16-10-06, 02:20 PM
dunno if you peeps know this, but the word chav actually comes from a posh girls school in Cheltenham. Average run of the mill boys would try it with the girls and not succeed. Then being referred to as Chavs (CHeltenham AVerage).

The rest is all to do with what individual people perceive. As mentioned above, people who hang around the street, think they are in the ghetto, dress wrong, use abusive language and drink/smoke irresponsibly.

Jack
16-10-06, 03:24 PM
dunno if you peeps know this, but the word chav actually comes from a posh girls school in Cheltenham. Average run of the mill boys would try it with the girls and not succeed. Then being referred to as Chavs (CHeltenham AVerage).
Common misconception - the phrase "chav" actually refers to Chatham Average, used by local authorities to group those certain members of society. My ex and her sister both went to Cheltenham Ladies School and vouched that the phrase "chav" is fairly recent to those parts (and then was promptly applied to all the skanks that had emigrated across from Gloucester into the cheap side!)

Alex.
16-10-06, 03:27 PM
It could be reffered to any place name that starts with CH...so...I think that's a losing battle.

craig green
16-10-06, 03:32 PM
Also phrases like "sort ya lyfe out" is a prime example of a chav....lol

Innit?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/charver.jpg

Unfortunately most car shows seem to have a majority attendance of these...

Ricky G
16-10-06, 03:33 PM
mike carrol is a chav!
and my little bro is definatly a chav! he jumped in my car the other day and put a cd on......it was mc vapor (move your body) and he is only twelvelol i was listening to that when i was 13. my bro also thinks its funny smashing things and setting fire to things! he can drive (thanks to me) but he doesnt ever go on the road!!!!!!!!!!! and all that can be sorted with a shot of ritlin in the morning! then he turns into a granny helping angel!lol

Alex.
16-10-06, 03:37 PM
My sister is a cross between an emo and a chav. She listens to emo music but types like a chav!! It's awful!!

craig green
16-10-06, 03:55 PM
Typical chav in my eyes has the attitude that he/she is very special when by looking them over (up & down) they blatantly arent.

White trainers (often old & skuffed to bits from drinking in parks & constantly running getaways from the law), some crap tracksuit that shouldve been donated to Oxfam back in 94 when it was established then, it was out of fashion, the chav also wears the contents of his/her bank account on the fingers & round the neck. ie not much (cheap/fake gold jewellery).
Chavs obviously made the Burberry clothing reach heights of popularity followed by immense tackiness by proudly wearing & displaying said label & fake knock offs. Burberry was ofcourse a fine label of clothing renowned for its quality & worn (afforded) by upper class society.

Since the whole chav thing, Burberry have stopped making the caps (market is flooded with fakes anyway) & the shares of Burberry have literally hit rock bottom. The label was adopted by chav yobs purely because of its inherent value. A cap was circa ?80. Pretty cool for an unemployed yob!

Ricky G
16-10-06, 03:55 PM
what is an emo????:confused:

mini_kris
16-10-06, 03:59 PM
emo is/well was a type of music that was emotional and diffrent now emo is kids dressing in black with half a fringe and listening to music that all sounds the same

Alex.
16-10-06, 04:05 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/untaimedgirl/emo.jpg

That is a kinda emo. Hair across the face. Very emotional. Steriotypically harms themselves. Wears riduclous clothing.

dannyb
16-10-06, 04:14 PM
http://www.myspacescripts.com/mssunscripted_emorangers.htm

Emos used to be called goths in my day... And funnily enough they fought with townies, who are now called chavs. Some things never change!!
Emo kids are usually white, middle class children whose parents have spoilt them. They dress like Bree off neighbours in an attempt to rebel and often talk about self harm to gain sympathy from other emos. They proclaim to be individuals yet all conform to the same aesthetic. Occasionally emos kill themselves, but ignore it as it is an attention seeking stunt.

Matt2107
16-10-06, 04:18 PM
Thats because you're a pikey, too busy trying to sell bits at meets lol

Nothing wrong with making a bit of money towards my respray.

Coupled with my snake sales I'm doing ok.

Ricky G
16-10-06, 04:20 PM

Emos used to be called goths in my day... And funnily enough they fought with townies, who are now called chavs. Some things never change!!
Emo kids are usually white, middle class children whose parents have spoilt them. They dress like Bree off neighbours in an attempt to rebel and often talk about self harm to gain sympathy from other emos. They proclaim to be individuals yet all conform to the same aesthetic. Occasionally emos kill themselves, but ignore it as it is an attention seeking stunt.
oh yeh theres plenty of them where i come from! its the thing about being different that makes me laugh and a you said they are all the same as eachother! and yes spoilt rich kids usualy end up like that!

Alex.
16-10-06, 04:21 PM

That sums them up nicely.
I used to be a "goth"...well dress like one. Now I have discovered there is more then one type of clothing colour! lol Although most of my clothes are black. So obviously I'm stilll a goth.
They'll grow out of it....hopefully.
I remember seeing one guy in Bridgwater (local chav town) and he was wearing a green tracksuit, and was pushing around 2 kids and the colour of the pushchair matched his tracksuit! lol I don't think I've ever seen someone look more ridiculous.

Philsutton
16-10-06, 05:11 PM
They proclaim to be individuals yet all conform to the same aesthetic.

that always makes me laugh, the irony of them all dressing / acting the way they do is not to conform to anything yet that is exactly what they are doing lol