PDA

View Full Version : Dials

Nova_Tek
14-10-06, 08:50 PM
Is it possible to get Reverse Indiglo dials for a Nova?

The type that look like these:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5527/imageyi2.jpg

Been abroad for the past 6 weeks and have been driving my aunts brand new Polo and coming back into my Nova feels like theres a power cut lol not much happening in the dial illumination department.

Many Thanx

Jack
15-10-06, 04:46 PM
In short, no. Not unless you bodge in some from another car. Do cav ones backlight like that? If so, stick them in, then get in touch with Mook from www.skewer.co.uk and he'll make you up some dials (but don't expect them to be cheap!)

Nova_Tek
15-10-06, 08:23 PM
Thanx for the answer mate.

I have taken apart Cav dials before and know that they have a transparent plastic backing then the dial cover over it. They do make reverse indiglo dials for the Cav so was hoping that they did for the nova.

I have seen normal plazma dials for the nova that glow green or blue but I prefer the black background.

Looks like I have to use the Cav dial technique to get what I want.

Many thanx

ade
15-10-06, 11:11 PM
digi dash with blue led conversion...

Nova_Tek
16-10-06, 07:40 PM
Im an old school guy when it comes to dials and theres nothing like seeing dials when driving, to me they are more satisfying.

For me it wouldnt be an option.

Im sure theres ways of making nova dials a bit more sexy.

philly
16-10-06, 08:26 PM
put the newpaper across it open on page 3?

Jack
16-10-06, 08:32 PM
If you had too much time on your hands and lots of money you could ditch the std dials and build your own dial pod, using aftermarket gauges from places like Demon Tweeks?

Nova_Tek
17-10-06, 09:31 PM
If you had too much time on your hands and lots of money you could ditch the std dials and build your own dial pod, using aftermarket gauges from places like Demon Tweeks?

Infact i was just wondering if some of these aftermarket volt oil temp guages would fit in place of the original items on the GTE 6 dial clocks.

I do have the time but not the money lol

hybridturbo
17-10-06, 11:14 PM
White dial kit and some motorworld style LEDs mounted behind .....

Maybe lol