PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Vectra SRI

nova ian
14-10-06, 05:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here knows anything about vectras, as the title says got a 2000 (W reg) Vectra SRI and the remote on the key has decided to stop working! I have locked the car manually but when unlocked manually the alarm goes off when the door is opened and the car is immobilised. Anyone know any ways off being able to disconnect the alarm and immoblliser so as the car can be used.

Rang Vauxhall but obviously there closed for the weekend and they need the car to re sinc a new key to the car, so all else fails I will have to tow the car to them.

No worries if no one can shed any light on the subject, just thought id give it a shot anyway!

Thanks. Ian

Welsh Dan
14-10-06, 06:12 PM
Change the battery in the key?

nova ian
14-10-06, 06:38 PM
Tried that, no joy.

Cheers

rednova
15-10-06, 12:24 AM
did you make sure you kept the small chip in the key when you change the battery? you also have to recode the key or summat - says how to in the handbook, my dads did the same in his zafira

nova~norm
15-10-06, 02:02 PM
u have to open the door with the key buy turing it so far then turning it back iirc like my old corsa will b in the had book!if u dnt have 1 i will have a look at my 1 4 you when i get a chance