PDA

View Full Version : cant remove dirt on car

Mr-G
14-10-06, 04:32 PM
I have got lots of black spots all over my car that kind of look like tar spot, i have cleaned it all off the sides and boot but i just cant seem to get it off the bonnet and roof :(

I have tried Mequires clay, tar-spot remover and t-cut and nothing has really worked.

anyone got any ideas

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 04:35 PM
Bit of a strange one rely, thort one of those things might have got rid of it, ive got some tar remover at my work, also gets rid of sap that insects leave behind, and dead bugs that have been squashed.

L

Mr-G
14-10-06, 04:37 PM
thats why i am wondering if it is actually tarspot or somthing else.

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 04:41 PM
Dont know to be honest!

does it feel flush with the paint, or is it raised slightly?

So when u run ur hand over it with ur eyes closed, can you feel that its there?

L

Mr-G
14-10-06, 04:43 PM
yeh the paint has a slight rough texture to it, although its not half as bad now that i have used the clay

db_1.2
14-10-06, 04:51 PM
yeh the paint has a slight rough texture to it, although its not half as bad now that i have used the clay

Might of been painted over badly, ive done it to my nova a few times, fixed now, i get a lot of tar spots, all you need is some t-cut but not the wax stuff and A LOT of elbow grease!:thumb:

Mr-G
14-10-06, 05:28 PM
as said i did use t-cut and a lot of elbow grease and that hasnt shifted it at all :(

staggy_gsi
14-10-06, 05:37 PM
at my work we use stuff called TFR (traffic film remover) and it seems to remove everything it touches. dont have a clue where you get it from though lol

lee 16v
14-10-06, 05:55 PM
if its what i think it is, you can ge ta clay bar thing and you rub it on yer car and it takes it all off, i dont know where to get these from they had one at my college and it works a treat

Mr-G
14-10-06, 08:56 PM
if its what i think it is, you can ge ta clay bar thing and you rub it on yer car and it takes it all off, i dont know where to get these from they had one at my college and it works a treat

yep got that its called meguiers quick clay, its got everything off both sides of the car and the boot but nothing seems to shift it on the bonnet or roof.

i might try some G3

peester
14-10-06, 09:14 PM
yeah -go careful with a cutting compound - just try a blob; check to see what it does to ur decent paint around the spots..