PDA

View Full Version : My MOT! lol

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 03:09 PM
Right i had my M.O.T today at my work. I Knew it would fail, just wanted it done so i know what bits i need to sort out to get it to pass!

This is how it went:

Failed on:
Both stop lamps not working
Hazard warning lights not flashing in phase, ignition on or off!
Indicator tell tale inoperative
Both headlamps 'aim' too low
Offside rear foglamp not working
Nearside front CV joint gaiter split
Nearside front wheel bearing has excessive play
Service brake effieciency below requirements
Brakes Imbalanced

Not too bad ey? lol lol lol lol

Most of it is all lights not working, and headlamps are from where they got kicked i think!

The other bits dont sound bad either.

No major work needed, being done on monday or tuesday hopefully!

L

draper
14-10-06, 03:20 PM
not bad then buddy, least its not rotten !!

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 03:33 PM
I know, tell me bout it, i was worrying that he was ganna say sutn like that!

Also its funny tho, cuz as soon as i got to work where MOT was done, this 106xsi had been followin us from my grandparents. He followed me into work, where he asked if i was selling it as he was interested.

Jus so weird that is was on roads for literally 5 mins, and sum1 wants it already, during the day i had 2 more enquiries for it on top of the xsi boi!

L

draper
14-10-06, 03:35 PM
but arent you thinking of selling anyway and buying your mates ??

mini_kris
14-10-06, 03:48 PM
my golf was worse but i just got the fail sheet and worked through it and it passed :)

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 03:54 PM
but arent you thinking of selling anyway and buying your mates ??

Yup should be doin that, but thats not for a cuple months you see, was ganna part ex with the 106xsi wit some cash my way and use that til mate is ready to sell the nova!

L

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 04:00 PM
my golf was worse but i just got the fail sheet and worked through it and it passed :)

That is best thing to do, just work down the list, my fails aint too bad luckily tho!

L

Jack
14-10-06, 04:34 PM
A few of those are things you should really have checked/corrected before it went in tbh

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 04:37 PM
A few of those are things you should really have checked/corrected before it went in tbh

Yeh i know, but because i work ther, they are also things i do not have to pay for!

The brake lights worked the night before, and the hazard switch, he pressed the wrong one, ive located it somehwere else!

L

Adam
14-10-06, 05:31 PM
Quite straight forward stuff, apart from brake balance and wheel bearing.

Nova_Houch7
16-10-06, 09:21 PM
yeh they're sortin it all for me.

So shouldnt be too long before im back on the road!

L

Lee
16-10-06, 09:49 PM
Brake balance ain hard, normally either a bleed or a pad/disc replacement sorts it!

Nova_Houch7
16-10-06, 09:56 PM
yeh im havin new pads i think!

Ill be sticking some 2.0 16v disks on soon hopefully!

If i manage to sort some out!

L

Lee
16-10-06, 10:00 PM
hmm, im sure ive got some ATE callipers knocking about somewhere, ill have a hunt.

Nova_Houch7
16-10-06, 10:02 PM
Need the disc's aswell tho, complete pair of disc's, callipers and pads!

L

SRlew
16-10-06, 10:29 PM
thats not bad at all mate, we done a load of weldin on my brothers xr2 last week, then sent it in for mot, it came back with a list, more welding, more welding, new bushes, mounts (which i had to make in the end) then a bit more welding! oh and bashing the arches out.

it took 3 of us a week to do!

so your is good lol i think

Nova_Houch7
16-10-06, 10:37 PM
yeh i didnt think my list was too bad,some pretty straight forward jobs really!

Altho people at my work have had some injuries doing so!

Hit head on 6x9's screws, which dodgily stick out too much lol
dust in eyes from under dash
bad back from leaning too low, haha

More to come i would have thort, by the way they do things!

L

Nova_Houch7
18-10-06, 06:02 PM
Most the bits are done now, just the rear shoes and some electrical bits to do, the fog light is being a bit stange apparently, so is bein sorted durin the week.
New discs and pads have been fitted, bearing, cv gaitor, etc etc. Rear shoes going on 2moro

Ill update on the total price/info but considerin i get everything at trade price, its fairly cheap lol!

L

Nova_Houch7
28-10-06, 12:10 AM
Well final price on all new parts came to ?69 something (just under ?70)

And thats at retail, so dont know what ill be paying if i still manage to get it all at trade or at least minus VAT hopefully!

Im pleased its all sorted tho!

L