PDA

View Full Version : police ripped my tints off

Tazzy
13-10-06, 01:24 AM
b*****ds, f****rs, c**ts, a**eh**es, w****rs, p***ks, c**ks***ers, mini hitlers

sorry for that, luckily it was just the front, but how can you fight your case when you are in the wrong!

im no window tint expert, i wanted it done, so had it done, looks nice, fair nuff, first time ever, been stopped in the corsa, nothing illegal about it, luckily they didnt have the tint tester on them

said the fronts were too dark, said its gotta let in 75% of light, fair nuff i said

i said i went to the place and asked for limo on the back and 20% on the front, but instead, they put tint on to only let in 20% light, not 80%

so he said i now have no insuarance and the car wasnt moving till it was taken out, so he quickly said hed do it, as hes done it plenty times before, i bet he has the tvvat, oh well, gona go get it re-done next week

rant over

moral of the story, make sure you know what tints your having...

limo is allowed on the rear and rear side, 75% light has to go through on the front sides (25% tint) and no tint on the front, also, if you add a visor, on an inch of the blade can go over the visor, no more, the blue vauxhall tint visor is legal as it still lets light in, its the block film that they have the issue with

remember kids, stay legal, dont do what uncle Tazzy done!

Jack
13-10-06, 08:23 AM
This kinda thing has been mentioned on here a few times now :(

tbh if they didn't have the light sensor on them and didn't actually test the level of tint you could have contested it and kicked up a fuss (and still probably could) but its not really worth it IMO, especially if you know you're in the wrong.

I do love how the police like to shred tints off peoples windows though and tell them to drive on... whenever I've taken tints off windows its always left a real thick nasty gunk on there, which is harder to see through than the tint itself!!

Anywoo, lesson learnt and at least you didn't get your car crushed, or a fine etc ;)

btw, you do know the tint place shouldn't have put tint that dark on your front windows? The law also applies to them as well as installers of tints just as much as it applies to you as the owner of the car.

Matt2107
13-10-06, 09:57 AM
Aftermarket tints are for gays... no offence.

DI4BLO
13-10-06, 11:04 AM
Tints are for gays... no offence.

Seconded

They will only do it again, and having dark rears and light fronts just looks shiite.

Matt2107
13-10-06, 11:08 AM
The only film I'd consider putting on my windows is security anti shatter/UV protection clear film and even then I'd be paranoid about needing to smash the window in an accident.

Jack
13-10-06, 11:34 AM
Tints are for gays... no offence.
SR's et al have tinted windows as standard :p

Matt2107
13-10-06, 11:43 AM
Do they?

Maybe I'll change that to aftermarket!

DI4BLO
13-10-06, 11:47 AM
SR's et al have tinted windows as standard :p

Come on hardly limo is it lol

draper
13-10-06, 02:31 PM
id never have my windows tinted anyway because its just an excuse for the police to pull you over anyway

dannyb
13-10-06, 03:05 PM
id never have my windows tinted anyway because its just an excuse for the police to pull you over anyway

I'll second that, keep it stealth kids!

Tazzy
13-10-06, 04:44 PM
well i should be allowed to have my windows tinted if i like, its my car and my money, its not like i couldnt see anything cuz i could see fine!

and today, ive seen loads of cars with tinted windows the same as mine, but they wont get pulled

will the filth pull over mothers with kids in the car? no, will the filth pull other asian woman because they have to have limo tint all round so they can take off their vails? no, will the filth stop bmw and merc drivers who they they own the roads? no

just just pick on the young car enthusiast!

draper
13-10-06, 04:47 PM
you are allowed to have them tinted, just make sure there tinted legally

db_1.2
13-10-06, 04:55 PM
well i should be allowed to have my windows tinted if i like, its my car and my money, its not like i couldnt see anything cuz i could see fine!

and today, ive seen loads of cars with tinted windows the same as mine, but they wont get pulled

will the filth pull over mothers with kids in the car? no, will the filth pull other asian woman because they have to have limo tint all round so they can take off their vails? no, will the filth stop bmw and merc drivers who they they own the roads? no

just just pick on the young car enthusiast!

Sounds a bit childish there mate, although i see where your coming from, if you had any problem with it you should of told them to wait, and took further action against it, i know i would, and have done. All they do is send you off to an MOT tester with a form and bobs your aunite, they fill it out whether it has to be removed or not, no point whinging like a little girl, go out the and do something! Well too late now cus you let them walk all over you boy, should said ''NO! ITS MY CAR, BOOHOOHOO!'':thumb::p

Tazzy
14-10-06, 07:09 AM
sorry, just a bit angry, i asked for the fronts to be legal, obviously they werent, i werent to know as im not a tint expert, but still, its taken them this long to pull me, ive had them months, and past loads of filth

its jus tthe way they went about it, bully boy antics!

mowgli
14-10-06, 08:27 AM
The police do stop 'mothers' & do them. the Daily Telegraph motoring section regularly has letters about them. One poor sod was told they would actually have to change all of their windows on their 'grey' imported people carrier.