PDA

View Full Version : Unusual uses for nova parts!

John
12-10-06, 10:00 PM
Didn't know whether to put this in muppet corner or not, but here goes!;)

I'm in the process of fitting a new bathroom in our house and it was in the middle of fitting a thermostat valve for the shower tonight, that i needed a suitable bracket to hold the bloody heavy thing up:confused: , a quick rummage around in my spares tray in the garage revealed a suitable item, and exactly the right size too!:thumb:

And said item was......... a front arb bracket!lol lol

Anyone else found unusual uses for their old nova spares?!!

Timmy
12-10-06, 10:19 PM
brake caliper , door stop , but there so crap they don't even stop that fom bangin LOL

draper
12-10-06, 10:20 PM
i liked the table on top gear made out of a bottom end - was 1 on ebay aswell a while ago

ade
12-10-06, 11:46 PM
I havent got nova parts used elsewhere but have plenty of other parts used on my nove such as Punto mk2 lights, half a punto bonnet and a VW rear boot badge release mechanism off a mk5 golf. Also gonna have a pc in the car at some point...

When I get my Mig welder for Christmas I'll make a sculpture for the garden from old leftover nova parts. I reminder of my garage exploits.

he he

ste porter
13-10-06, 01:02 AM
i have anti roll bar brackets screwed to the back wall of the exstention the bottom shed and a tree the other side of the garden to tie the washing lines to

also have an old gsi rear bench on a custom frame as a sofa in my bed room i lounge around on when playing on the ps2

door rubbers screwed to the bottom of the shed doors as a draft exscluder

and finaly the only other thing i have used nova parts for the metal brackets that bolt to the chassis legs that stick out for the bumper iron 2 bolt to i have used 4 of them 2 weld to the corners of my sofa bed to stop it collapsing and squeeking on the early nights in with the missus lol

Lozzie C
13-10-06, 09:55 AM
I have a Nova GTE seat on wheels as a computer chair...

Matt2107
13-10-06, 10:27 AM

I want one of those... think Ash (nova_Pilot) was gonna price up making one for me.

Lozzie C
13-10-06, 12:56 PM
It's pretty cheap to make- my boyfriend got the donor computer chair for ?5. After that you just need a seat to sacrifice! lol

draper
13-10-06, 02:12 PM
in mmy old house i only had a 2 seater sofe so when ppl came round they used to sit in my bucket seats (think peter kay emergency chairs)

Nova_Houch7
13-10-06, 06:35 PM
Me mate used a GTE steering wheel as a computer one, as his dog chewed the proper one up, so when u steer u get cut up in plastic. People always laugh at the nova steering wheel when they go round and he's playin on PS2.

L

draper
13-10-06, 07:06 PM
as his god chewed the proper one up,

:eek: he has his own god !! how cool is that !

womble sri
13-10-06, 07:12 PM
i liked the table on top gear made out of a bottom end - was 1 on ebay aswell a while ago

yeah that was the bollox. i have got to sri seatrs in my room as seats funnily enough.

John
14-10-06, 02:36 PM
Lol ste! Top parts usage!!!!
Got any pics of these seats womble?

Nova_Houch7
14-10-06, 02:56 PM
:eek: he has his own god !! how cool is that !

I thort id edited that, but then comp froze, ill change it now! ;)

L

Tazzy
14-10-06, 03:21 PM
i havnt used anything yet, but youve all give ma an idea! lol

Geth
14-10-06, 03:22 PM

Hmmm.... New bucket seats soon, GTE seats left spare... :cool: