PDA

View Full Version : Dull Clock Set.........

Anonymous
06-04-01, 03:11 AM
Are the dash lights on mk1 clock sets on novas all really dull, or is it just the ones ive seen, Any idea on making it brighter!??

Anonymous
06-04-01, 08:40 AM
I remember thinking that when i drove my mk-2 at night for the first time, i thought the clocks were very poorly lit.
I would also like to brighten it up a bit!

Anonymous
06-04-01, 10:41 AM
Get digi clocks! They could blind you on a dark night and are definatley worth the effort. Ive had them in a mk1 and mk2 and its not much effort in either! Except taking the whole dash apart for a mk1. But still wortg it!

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
06-04-01, 06:16 PM
get sum new bulbs in colours
im not sure where abouts you buy em from as my mate pinched loads for me in blue before he finnished his job. they look spot on at night as the whole dash lights up blue.

(thing is if u find sumwhere that sells em then can u post and tell me coz sum have blown on mine and i need a few replacements)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
07-04-01, 12:33 AM
My dash was dull on the left side of the speedo, but was ok on the rest of the dials.
Giving them white dials helped things, but it was still hard at times to see what speed I was doing!

Anyway...now got digi ones, so no probs seeing 'em now!

Anonymous
07-04-01, 03:33 PM
r u sure non of the bulbs have blown inside, thats what the reason for mine being dull in places was.

Anonymous
07-04-01, 06:51 PM
Put brighter bulbs in!

Anonymous
09-04-01, 11:14 AM
get a big torch !

I AM INVINCABLE !!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
10-04-01, 12:22 AM
I tried brighter bulbs....didn't help. The gap between the speedo and the inside was too small for light to shine through...even after trying the modify it, it was still dull at one side.