PDA

View Full Version : sri-non start when warm

SRI crazy
12-10-06, 03:04 PM
hi, am i hav a 92 1.4 sri nova. when she is cold she starts with no problems and doesnt miss a beat when she is running. now when she is warm an i switch her off an go 2 start her again she wont. i hav noticed the fuel pump doesnt cut in an there is no spark either and the rev counter doesnt move when she is turning over. does any one hav any ideas of wat the problem would b? thanx

staggy_gsi
12-10-06, 03:08 PM
its weird that it should start when its cold, i had a similar problem on my gsi with the fuel pump not coming in and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay. i later found out there was an earth problem in the jetronic box. try wiring a live to the pump and see if she goes then

Adam
12-10-06, 03:08 PM
Fuel pump relay
or
Hall sensor in distributor

I'd replace the relay first.

Riggy
12-10-06, 03:15 PM
ignition coil , the coil inside expands when they get warm and doesnt produce a spark ,

if your coil was ok it would still make your rev counter move a little bit when cranking but since you say yours doesnt move then id say replace coil

Will F
12-10-06, 06:42 PM
Coolent Temp sensor is also a good one to swap...

It basically tells the ECU what temp the engine is...

If its fecked it will cause havoc when the engine is warm.

staggy_gsi
12-10-06, 10:09 PM
surely the coil wouldnt stop the fuel pump working though would it? my moneys still on an electrical fault

Adam
13-10-06, 12:38 AM
Fuel pump relay

OR Hall sensor in the distributor.

When my coil fooked up the ecu still injected fuel, just didn't send a spark.

SRI crazy
16-10-06, 08:41 PM
yeah well i hav changed the relay and the coil an its still doing the same. ive noticed though that the coolant switch below the distributor is turning. u knw where the wire plugs on wuld dat b a problem or wuld it b the problem?

Adam
16-10-06, 08:44 PM
What, the coolant sensor is loose?
Tighten it asap before it gives a major coolant leak.

Try it and see if that cures it.

SRI crazy
18-10-06, 10:49 PM
naw da sensor is tight its the probe tingy dat the plug goes on2, its trunin inside the sensor

SRI crazy
20-10-06, 07:09 PM
i hav changed the sensor an it is still doing the same a fella said 2 cable tie the ecu up solid 2 the bulkhead as vibrations wuld upset it wuld that make n e difference?

SRI crazy
26-10-06, 06:51 PM
hey i hav changed the sensor an it is still doin the same
i hav also changed the throttle position sensor an a mass air sensor an another sensor on the manifold an its still the same. wuld the btm crank sensor at the pulley b part of the problem?