PDA

View Full Version : Are Novas Selling

Riggy
12-10-06, 02:39 PM
just been browsing the for sale forums and there are a few novas up for stupid amounts of money , and no offence to the people who own them but one looks like a peice of **** and the other looks nice but is way way overpriced

and its not just these 2 theres loads recently people asking 1300 for a nova i would give 500 for ,

so are they really selling for this? cos if they are then mine is for sale and ill buy a corsa gsi ,lol

Adam
12-10-06, 02:44 PM
Imo people bump prices up because of where they are advertising it, on mig, ebay, here etc etc
I've seen quite a few almost standard cars for sale for like ?800-?1000
whereas shop around and you'll pick up a similar car for ?200 out of a supermarket for sale board or somewhere. Lol

I also see the same type of thing in TV mag etc.

But if people are willing to pay it, whos complaining... Lol

Jack
12-10-06, 02:46 PM
Exactly why I haven't bought another one yet... ok so I sold my short-butt for silly amounts of money, but that was to a local ned. My coup? I sold for ?300 - relatively tidy H reg Mk1 with a couple of bits n bobs - and I was expecting to buy another for around that price, yet the ones I've seen recently all seem to be demanding around the ?1000 point or more! So much for Novas being "cheap" runabouts lol

ANDYRACER
12-10-06, 02:46 PM
Ive noticed this aswell, you used to be able to pick a rotten nova gsi up for -300quid, there now going for 500+

Riggy
12-10-06, 02:49 PM
tv mag is a joke there is one guy in there every month selling nova interiors

gsi -?295
blue sri -?265

****ING WAKE UP YOU NOB HEAD

lol

Matt2107
12-10-06, 02:50 PM
I dont think they are selling to enthusiasts like ourselves at those prices.

Worth looking in your local rag.

Main thing is to bide your time i think.

db_1.2
12-10-06, 03:01 PM
Mines not even for sale and my mate offered me a grand for it, and its only a 1.2, shoulda sold it reallylol:tard:

Riggy
12-10-06, 03:13 PM
lol tell him he can have mine for a grand anyday pmsl

Tazzy
12-10-06, 03:16 PM
novas are great little cars, but no nova is worth a grand or over, no matter whats been sent on it or whats been done to it!

SRlew
12-10-06, 03:17 PM
yer your best off lookin round localy for a standard one. drove past an immaculate mk1 club in white, no rust anywhere whatso ever! and it was ?200 was going to go and buy it but somones beet me to it.

Riggy
12-10-06, 03:19 PM
some novas are worth it taz just not the tatty gay kitted or rusty ragged about sr's that people want 600,800,1000+ plus for , bruces group a spec gte went for 2350 on ebay and that was a bargain imo

cheshiresport
12-10-06, 03:34 PM
novas are great little cars, but no nova is worth a grand or over, no matter whats been sent on it or whats been done to it!

I beg to differ mate, my sport is worth well over a grand all day long. But i can see what everyone is saying, theres a lot of overpriced cars out there :roll:

Matt2107
12-10-06, 04:30 PM
I recently approached a guy for his 1ltr black 2 door saloon.
Low mileage but some bad touch ups.

He turned his nose up at ?400.

Rexy
12-10-06, 05:53 PM
Matt are you still after a saloon boss? I think ive just accuired a bmw 318 for muchos cheapness :D So a certain saloon will be for sale. althought it wont have ta or test but im not after a lot for it. :D

krobinson
12-10-06, 05:54 PM
I paid ?1510 for my 1.4L with 8k on it, and it cost ?250 to get it home from england. I'd turn my nose up at 3k as i honestly wouldnt be able to buy a car as reliable, clean etc for 3k.

Keith

Rexy
12-10-06, 06:01 PM
Novas are gay anyway stop buying and driving old sheds lol :D he he he

Oh and if somebody was say selling a nova at 3-5k i think i'd turn it down and buy a standard clio 172 :D

Nova_Houch7
12-10-06, 06:05 PM
Ill agree that some are overpriced, but some people are better off breaking the car to bits and getting some of there money bak that way.

L

Stuart
12-10-06, 06:32 PM
hmmmm might have to sling mine in TV then lmao

hendrix
12-10-06, 09:03 PM
yeah there are some well overpriced novas on here and in TV and the prices for interiors are cookoo land!!
I just got my mint nova for a lot less than some of the scabby 500-600 1.2's that are kicking around at the moment.
Im not gonna say how much I paid for it but suffice to say if i broke it for bits and sold all the mint parts at reasonable prices I would make my money back and probably more on top lol

dave_rand
12-10-06, 09:32 PM
most are worth more in bits

people have all these good bits on there car so they think its worth millions

draper
12-10-06, 10:24 PM
i was thinking of a GSI for the missus - now a minter imo is worth a grand but id want it absolutely spotless with history and very realible

theres 1 in there for a 1600 which i reclon is overpriced - could buy a half decent valver and tidy it up for that

ste porter
13-10-06, 01:17 AM
i see what people are saying and mine is a priced a little high maybe but the guy i brought it off payed 1200 less than a year ago! when i brought it the engine was left hanging on 1 mount gear box had seen its day needed 2 new cv joints and 4 tyers all sorted now at a cost but at the end of the day things are only worth what people are willing to pay for it

after all the new parts ect if i sell mine for ?1000 i will be at a great loss but thats the way it goes its not how much they cost ect that gets me! parts ??? labour ??? red bull for the long nights??? the look on the rs turbo bmw audi ect owners faces when they get left behind by a nova
PRICELESS!lol

(some things you cant buy for everything else theres master card)

also people always up the price from what they realisticly want when advertising if some1 walks up to me at the pod sunday and says i will give you 900 cash for your car i will get the train home lol

Matt2107
13-10-06, 10:38 AM
Matt are you still after a saloon boss? I think ive just accuired a bmw 318 for muchos cheapness :D So a certain saloon will be for sale. althought it wont have ta or test but im not after a lot for it. :D

I am still on the look out.
Ideally I wanted a nice 1ltr or something.
How much are you after?

draper
13-10-06, 02:20 PM
after all the new parts ect if i sell mine for ?1000 i will be at a great loss but thats the way it goes its not how much they cost ect that gets me! parts ??? labour ??? red bull for the long nights??? the look on the rs turbo bmw audi ect owners faces when they get left behind by a nova
PRICELESS!lol

(some things you cant buy for everything else theres master card)

lol lol lol

womble sri
13-10-06, 07:42 PM
tv mag is a joke there is one guy in there every month selling nova interiors

gsi -?295
blue sri -?265

****ING WAKE UP YOU NOB HEAD

lol

yeah i saw that and thought **** me if that sells ill stick mine in next month feckin joke lol

draper
13-10-06, 07:46 PM
and are nova sport decals worth ?290 ?? surely a vynal cutters could sort you out cheaper than that ?? or do they need to be from vauxhall for the heritage or summat

ste porter
17-10-06, 12:19 AM
if thats what some1 is willing to pay then yea i surpose they are i personaly wouldent spend that much on them but there you go thats me but some1 out there will