PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding!!!!!

Bouch
12-10-06, 08:23 AM
Well ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year where it's time to pack away your flip-flops and speedo's and get out your wooly hats and mittens!!

So who out there will be sticking planks or an ironing board to there feet and heading for the slopes this winter?

I'm only asking this, because i've just booked my week in Alpes D'huez, AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!(i am such a child!!):thumb:

stuartp
12-10-06, 08:37 AM
Funny you should say this me and the lads are going LA MOUNT in america for 7 night to do some boarding!! were going begining of FEB ive never been near a slop so gotta learn before i go!! it looks wicked!!

hendrix
12-10-06, 08:54 AM
might do some indoor 'boarding at xscape if i can be bothered...or have any money left from the black hole that is my car lol

Nova Full
12-10-06, 10:17 AM
8 of us are off boarding on the 16th feb for a week, location to be decided.

i went to meribel in April this year, my first time boarding actually on the mountains, loved it, can't wait to get back on the mountain

kwakshack
12-10-06, 10:40 AM
Alpes D'huez is a blast dude, was there a couple of years ago, but went to whistler last year and couldn't believe the powder!! there was even more boarders than stuck up skiers!! well worth the long flight....

stuartp
12-10-06, 12:04 PM
So Its Well Worth The Money Then Lads??

Breeny
12-10-06, 01:56 PM
Me and my beeeiatch are learning at Xscape next weekend. It's only up the road so would be rude not to :D

Tis only ?300 for a full day :D

Timmy
12-10-06, 04:58 PM
No way im just about to start snowborading. my girlfriend dad live 5mins from the XScape. thinking of doing lesson before we go to the alps over the new year.

Tazzy
12-10-06, 05:06 PM
i cant snowboard, but i can ski, i want to head to tamworth snow dome, but everyone i know cant ski, so itll be a bit boring on my own

i want to go back to austria, but never have time or money!

stuartp
12-10-06, 06:42 PM
Me and my beeeiatch are learning at Xscape next weekend. It's only up the road so would be rude not to :D

fook me thats expensive i know Xscape is a top center but ?300!! Its only ?105 at the snow dome cuz im going wednesday!!

Stuart
12-10-06, 06:54 PM
?300 for the day!!!!!!! do you get free skis and clothing to keep? lol

i pondered it but tbh im too lazy to even go on holiday lmao

stuartp
12-10-06, 07:18 PM
i aint been on holiday for 5years so ive decided to go mad!! goin with a few good mates!! my problem is i have days holiday of work but do my own jobs DOUBLE MONEY im a tight git!!

Bouch
12-10-06, 09:32 PM

Ouch!!!!!! :eek:
I'm paying ?360 for a week in the alpes, and thats including digs, board and lift pass:D

Jim Mcrae
12-10-06, 09:41 PM
I love snowboarding sooo much fun. Going out in january for the 5th consequtive year. Can't wait

dave_rand
12-10-06, 09:44 PM
i went skiing with the school when i was there be about 7 years ago now but was great fun give snowboarding a go for the day too

id love to have another go at it

krobinson
12-10-06, 10:08 PM

How many of these Xscape's are there? I've been to the one in castleford twice now, but not ski'd.

Keith

Breeny
13-10-06, 08:16 AM
Sorry I should have explained myself better!

It's ?300 for 2 of us for a full 8 hrs tuition from a pro. (I've never been skiing let alone snow boarding) You have to book 6 at a time though so ?900 in total.

Keith, after having a quick search, there are 3 :) - http://www.xscape.co.uk

Mazz
13-10-06, 12:38 PM
I started ski-ing about 2 months ago its awesome, you WILL get the bug and buy all your own gear, i have!
I did a 'learn to ski in a day' thing at the Snow Dome and it was ?70p.p as it was out of season price's, but book to following day off from work as you'll ache all over :)
I got a ski-ing holiday booked in feb to Germany, should be a good giggle!

The Simps
13-10-06, 12:54 PM
I was dragged along on a snowboarding holiday this february. A group of us went to serbia. Was ?440 all in for a half board 5 star, lift pass, gear hire and 5 days of lessons.

Picked it up really quickly and was off the training slopes within an hr and coming down the mountains. Some excellent runs.

Would like to go again this year if money permits and hone my skills further!

Xscape is nothing like the real thing! I really enjoyed standing at the top of a mountain, enjoying the view for a moment (breathtaking btw), sticking on the mp3 then hammering down the slopes til I fell over! lol

Simps.

stuartp
01-11-06, 06:42 PM
Well just got back from my 1 day ironing boarding lesson at the snow dome and i loved every minute of it!! Were going NEC saturday theres a show on so i will be hamering my savings for all my own gear ready for N.america in febuary!! stu

Bouch
01-11-06, 08:38 PM
You lucky barsteward! But theres no substitute for the real thing chap.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/bouch69/kk.jpg
Roll on febuary.

Mazz
01-11-06, 09:01 PM
Well just got back from my 1 day ironing boarding lesson at the snow dome and i loved every minute of it!! Were going NEC saturday theres a show on so i will be hamering my savings for all my own gear ready for N.america in febuary!! stu

I don't know how boarding boots vary from ski-ing ones, but everyonei spoke to said don't get them from a show as they don't have the time to spend with you fitting the properly.
My ski boots were heated moulded to the exact shape of my feet for the best fit, as-opposed to just buying a size 9 boot...

nathannova
01-11-06, 09:13 PM
yes mate ill be doing my season in italy comayour this year suposidly its great for the offpiste action just waxed the hatchet and cant wait to be snaking italy in february!

for onyone that says its waste of money etc... you really have to try it its amazing!!!

Bouch
01-11-06, 09:32 PM
for onyone that says its waste of money etc... you really have to try it its amazing!!!

Your spot on there matey! The views alone are worth every penny. Where else will you wake up to a view like this.........
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/bouch69/austria-france2006032.jpg
:thumb: :cool: :D :) :wisewood:

nathannova
01-11-06, 09:38 PM
yes its amazing went there last year and it was worth every penny hardly any drags and amazing views and black runs!!!
the only bad thing about it is you have the odd old man in spandax suit skiing!ha
but yes worth every penny and now i am hooked, went to france for a couple of seasons and that is apsolutely amazing the runs are only second to canada and america!!!

Bouch
12-11-06, 08:19 AM
Fantastic!!!! Val thorens has just had its first dump of the year!!!
Have a look at the web cam.
http://www.valthorens.com/webcams.asp?item=050

c'2.0lrt
12-11-06, 10:32 AM
booking some lessons this week works out about ?12 an hour if you book 6 lessons at the dry slope near where i live,going to take the mrs to canada stay in log cabin with big open fire and fury rug???? ive always wanted to do it so am?

nathannova
12-11-06, 08:21 PM
if your skiing on a dryslope thats fine but snowboarding on a dryslope isnt much good as its hard to link your turns unless you use the dryslope at bracknell that is really good as it doesnt have the ****e triangle stuff.

Breeny
13-11-06, 01:18 PM
Ow i forgot about this.

I only last a few hours of my training session before I stacked it and broke my arm LOL

Mazz
13-11-06, 02:58 PM
ouch breeny!

Nova Full
13-11-06, 03:40 PM
Just got back from Boardwise in Cannock with some lovely new boots, bindings and board. Off to the snowdome this week to try them all out and have a little play around with the stance, settings etc. the boots feel and fit so much better than the hire one's ive been wearing

Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Bouch
25-01-07, 10:22 PM
So has anyone been yet or is anyone getting ready for there trip?

Only 10days left before I strap a plank to my plates and make a complete ar5e of myself.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!