PDA

View Full Version : C20LET Clutch Cable Snapping!

Big_Chap
12-10-06, 12:52 AM
a mate has a LET f20 nova and is constantly snapping clutch cables, anyone got any tips on how to sort this? a certain make of cable which may be stronger?

cheers!

Riggy
12-10-06, 02:15 PM
has the shell been modded were the clutch cable comes through the bulkhead , it need angleing down and away from the inlet manifold or it rubs and snaps ?

carnoisseurcraig
12-10-06, 03:43 PM
has the shell been modded were the clutch cable comes through the bulkhead , it need angleing down and away from the inlet manifold or it rubs and snaps ?

yup, if your looking at it angle if down and to the right. gonna be a nightmare job with the engine in mate.

NOVATAKER
12-10-06, 04:29 PM
mine did the same with the 18xe1. it nothing to do with the manifold. its the fact that the angle of the cable run is too sharp. I used to change it every 3 months and not out of choice :eek:

I didn't manage to find a better cable.. best bet is to mod the hole in bulkhead. but as he said ^^^^ would be an a*se with the lump in :confused:

Will F
12-10-06, 06:41 PM
you also need to make sure that the bung fits nicely into the hole and not on th eedge etc, as that was the problem on mine...

Big_Chap
12-10-06, 08:12 PM
yeah its defo the angle at the bulk head problem and thats the way to fix it, i just didn't think it was necessary to perform this mod for every xe/let conversion is it just one of those thing/different conversion kit can place the engine that little bit closer to the bulkhead