PDA

View Full Version : Road legal quad

nova~norm
11-10-06, 07:22 PM
how do you get a quad on the road legaly???Does any one know?

Cheers scott

Iain
11-10-06, 07:23 PM
I've wondered this too. They look really fun, I see a few driving around near me with a rear numberplate on.

dave_rand
11-10-06, 07:26 PM
buy one loads of places selling them these days 2 of my mates havwe them

Adam
11-10-06, 07:30 PM
They need indicators, horn etc.
And have to be registered with DVLA for a number plate, and then taxed, insured etc etc.

dave_rand
11-10-06, 07:32 PM
if your doing it yourself it will need a sva test theres plaenty about forsale allready road regested

SRlew
11-10-06, 07:41 PM
there was one in front of me on me way home from work. and for some reason he was dojng 15mph! so thought id be clever and overtook him, but my car is running bad and struggles to get to 30mph and only revs to 2k lol got along side hime and i ran out of gears to change into and had to back off! but had a good look at it lol andf he didnt have a helmet. thought you'd need one on them??

dave_rand
11-10-06, 07:43 PM
nope dont need a helmet on a trike either

SRlew
11-10-06, 07:44 PM
ah cool! seen a few round tho and they look well quick and fun he was like drifting round a roundabout lol

nova~norm
11-10-06, 07:54 PM
just bougt a banshee but its not road legal so thinkin about puttin it on the rd no need for a skid lid as its classed as a car (PLG)

stuartp
11-10-06, 08:11 PM
8 mates of mine have them crap and boring only get used at weekends, nearly all of them regret buying them!! dont get me wrong we've had some laugths up the quary and over mansfield dessert!! but i prefer cars!! there rant over!!

nova~norm
11-10-06, 08:27 PM
every1to there own

cavturbomike
11-10-06, 08:30 PM
Fit like norm, fit u saying? Fit year/colour is the Banshee??

MIKE

nova~norm
11-10-06, 08:40 PM
am not bad like ur sel?u will have to cum over 4 a look once i get it homeafter a box trailer4 it the now like sold s3 well traded it 4 a vec gsi and CASH

Matt2107
12-10-06, 10:50 AM
mansfield desert!!

That made me laugh the first time my gf told me about that place.
Its where everyone takes their stolen cars to rag the **** out of them then burn them.

Places like that should have big **** off gates with big **** off chains on them.

cazzy223
12-10-06, 10:56 AM
you can drive a quad on the road for seven miles a week legaly. but you can get them with regestrations which let go on the road and you dont need a rear numberplater.

mini_kris
12-10-06, 11:13 AM
simple buy a quad that has a horn and light etc... register it as an agricultrual vehicle, doesnt need an mot i think then possibly not tax either then just inusure it and away you go

matt1chelski
12-10-06, 11:35 AM
Any road legal car/bike/quad need a number plate.

Breeny
12-10-06, 01:52 PM
Few of my mates have Raptors that they terrorise the London streets with lol

These was taken in Chelsea.. lol

http://max1t.com/temp/matt1.jpg
http://max1t.com/temp/matt2.jpg

DI4BLO
12-10-06, 02:21 PM
simple buy a quad that has a horn and light etc... register it as an agricultrual vehicle, doesnt need an mot i think then possibly not tax either then just inusure it and away you go

Been looking into this for a while and investing in the new year and it is easier to buy a ready road legal and registered one, not as easy as e-bay sellers will tell you to get an off road quad to be road legal.

More than horn and lights, need wheel guards (mud flaps) etc, agricultural ones come under another class, you are only aloud to ride it from your land to your land for agricultural purposes, and the police are aware of this and try to explain it to your insurance company.

They will need an mot unless you buy new which follows the same rules as new cars. number plate and tax is also required as is insurance and if you dont wear a helmit it is legal not to but be prepared to be pulled every time you see the police as they will want to advise you get one.

They are great fun but better if you have somewhere you can take it aswell as the road.:thumb:

Stuart
12-10-06, 02:45 PM
can we have some english in this thread from some of the users please.

Matt2107
12-10-06, 02:48 PM
I rather fancy one of these, what are they like on fuel consumption (i've never owned a bike so dont know **** all)

mini_kris
13-10-06, 10:26 AM
More than horn and lights, need wheel guards (mud flaps) etc, agricultural ones come under another class, you are only aloud to ride it from your land to your land for agricultural purposes, and the police are aware of this and try to explain it to your insurance company.

They will need an mot unless you buy new which follows the same rules as new cars. number plate and tax is also required as is insurance and if you dont wear a helmit it is legal not to but be prepared to be pulled every time you see the police as they will want to advise you get one.

They are great fun but better if you have somewhere you can take it aswell as the road.:thumb:

we used to ride the quads up and down the lanes for hours and never had any police trouble?

mini_kris
13-10-06, 10:27 AM
sounds a bit strange to me though as a tractor comes under an agricultrual vehicle so does a ride on mower and they are aloud to go any where

DI4BLO
13-10-06, 10:58 AM
sounds a bit strange to me though as a tractor comes under an agricultrual vehicle so does a ride on mower and they are aloud to go any where

lol yeah i see alot of tractors and sit on lawn mowers frequenting the local motorways. and you wouldn't belive the amount i see in McDonalds car park, just a few height issues on the drive through.

I think you'll find a tractor has to be road ready aswell, number plates horn lights tax etc.

Also the quads we are talking about aren't agricultural vehicles ? Thats like anybody who owns a land rover or range rover saying its an agricultural vehicle...

bump
13-10-06, 10:09 PM
Agricultural vehicles do not have to have a number plate, tax, MOT or insurance if they have to use a public highway to access all of the owners land. eg farms with a road running through the middle. Otherwise they must have a the usual requirements, the farm insurance covers the movement of said vehicles as part of the working activities of the farm.

mini_kris
14-10-06, 10:21 AM
our quads had plates but on the v5 they were down as agricultural machinery
or soemthing along those lines
dont think tractors or quads are aloud on the motor way wether they have plates or not ;)

longeysgsi
14-10-06, 12:36 PM
quads can go on the road aslong as there above 50cc anythin above 50cc can as long as there no l plates on it