PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport... Near Immaculate... Magazine Featured... Very Fast... Very Rare!!!

al-x
11-10-06, 05:15 PM
This is up for sale again, as it really has to go now, as I have bought a new home with no garage, plus I used it only once all Summer!!! Grrrr..... Her indoors will pay in time.... http://www.pvgevents.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/9mm.gif

For those of you who don't know, the Nova Sport is an extremely rare Rally Homologation special, that came with Twin 40 Weber Carbs, Ashley Red Backbox, Optional Rally Cam and Special Graphics - As Standard!! They are quicker than a GTE, but with insurance lower than an SR!! Do a Google search to find out more....

Here we have an original, fully restored Nova Sport for sale, as featured in the May 2006 edition of Total Vauxhall Magazine. I recommend you pick up a copy. It's a superb article!
The car underwent a full restoration during 2002, which is fully documented, if you click this link:Nova Sport Restoration (http://www.kane-it.com/spinningfish/images/Nova/)

The car has covered very few Summer miles since then and most of those are to shows where it has won concours awards in 2002, 2003 and 2004. The only reason is hasn't won anything since then is that I'm not a show man, I'm a driver!!!
For anyone doubting the originality of this Nova Sport, the journalist from Total Vauxhall contacted the Nova Sport's creator Andrew Duerden for more information on this car. Andrew said:
"I can confirm that this Nova Sport started life as a company vehicle. It was most likely the photo car for the Nova Sport programme, but may also have been used for Russ Swift to do his pirouetting display with."

http://www.kane-it.com/spinningfish/NovaSport2.jpg

The car has the following enhancements:
- Harry Hockley Chassis Strengthening Kit
- Lowered Uprated Suspension
- Uprated Bushes
- Quik Shift
- Quick Rack
- 14" Compomotive TH Motorsport Alloys
- Yokohama A539 Tyres
- Corsa SRi Calipers with Grooved, Vented Discs and Ferodo Pads
- Helix Paddle Clutch
- Very Rare Irmscher Front Spoiler
- Sportex Exhaust System
- BTB Manifold
- Race Head with Cosworth Valves and Bronze Valve Guides
- Lightened Balanced Flywheel
- Lightened Crank with ARP Bolts
- Irmscher UK Airbox
- OMP Steering Wheels with Snap-Off Quick Release Boss
- 103BHP @ the wheels
- Omex Shift Light and Rev LimiterThousands spent on this stunning example of a very, very rare car. The only imperfection on the car is what I think is a slightly lumpy finish on the passenger side rear arch, where I believe it hqas not been flatted properly before painting. It is hardly noticeable unless you are looking closely, but is worth mentioning.
This car only has Summer use and hasn't been used at all in the Winter, so there is no nasty salt anywhere. It is covered and garaged at all times
Very reluctant sale. The car has an insurance agreed value of ?4000. I'm looking for sensible offers, but the car does have to go VERY quickly, so best offer secures.

I will update photos as soon as I can get to the garage.

Mail: spinningfish2005@gmail.com . Please don't PM, as I hardly ever pick these up!

Serious enquiries only please. Hertfordshire based.

ste porter
12-10-06, 12:28 AM
WOW absolutly stunning a beutiful example and a credit to you mate dont sell her put her in a garage cover it up and forget it or you will regret selling it later

al-x
12-10-06, 06:48 PM
I wish I could. I really, really do.

al-x
14-10-06, 01:21 PM
The current highest offer that I have had for the car is ?2850. So offers are now above this price mark.

Also, I would be interested in a p/x for a big diesel car, i.e: Rover 600/800, or Land Rover Disco etc upto the value of ?1000.

Thanks

novacabrio
15-10-06, 09:50 AM
Realy nice car this, a credit to Graham who built it.

al-x
18-10-06, 09:47 PM
bttt