PDA

View Full Version : K830 AJM (NovaNeil)

DI4BLO
11-10-06, 04:23 PM
Just wondering what the status of this car was ?

Done a search and found neil was planning some mad stuff and silly speced engine.

Interest is my best mate sold it to him as very tidy courteny 1.6 turbo and saw a bit of work being done, we was wondering what its status was as you do?

Anyone know anything, not sure i've seen neil around the board to much?

dhdev (Oli)
11-10-06, 07:19 PM
Not sure which car that reg applies too. But neils current state of affairs is that he has taken to the canals in is spare time. He can be seen plodding along in a fetching two-tone barge he calls a "calibra" :roll:

The red nova 1.6 turbo got broken for bits and his nova interests lie with a dusty silver shell sat in his barn. He has a tasty 2.0 8v turbo engine (angry turbo fame) but as of yet the two haven't joined in holy matrimony.

Hopefully this thread will give him the kick up the ass he needs, to crack on with what should be an awesome project. :cool:

DI4BLO
12-10-06, 10:46 AM
It was this one a star silver gsi,
http://www.novaload.net/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=461
was in very good nick when he got it, absolute fortune spent at courtney, previous owner did nowt himself got them to do all the work.

TommySR
12-10-06, 11:59 AM
But neils current state of affairs is that he has taken to the canals in is spare time. He can be seen plodding along in a fetching two-tone barge he calls a "calibra" :roll:

lol quality

craig green
12-10-06, 12:08 PM
I looked at K830AJM when I was looking for a 1600 turbo. Chris from Bognor Regis IIRC??

I think its correct Neil is hoping to fit the ex Isaac Hunt 2.0 8v turbo motor.

The original 1600 was blown up shortly after he bought the car & had to be rebuilt. It was put in another shell (red GTE) but IIRC was crashed & the engine was sold.

Last I heard he was driving said Calibra turbo & planning on resurrecting the silver GSi shell.

dhdev (Oli)
12-10-06, 01:07 PM
Last I heard he was driving said Calibra turbo & planning on resurrecting the silver GSi shell.

Calibra turbo? lol Try 2.0 8v LPG lol lol lol
The silver shell is currently looking very sad :( Its had some wooky turrets cut in the rear by the axeman himself, and it has a ridiculously thick flat floor welded in the back (think CMM table thick:eek: )

DI4BLO
12-10-06, 02:03 PM
I looked at K830AJM when I was looking for a 1600 turbo. Chris from Bognor Regis IIRC??

Thats right, probably met you myself craig, was always over especially when someone was coming to look at it, only cos he said if he sold it we'd be of to the pub:thumb:

well sounds like its kind of alive but not a well should get on to him to finish as those arches look fun.

Riggy
12-10-06, 02:42 PM
(think CMM table thick:eek: )

FPMSL now that is thick lol

ANDYRACER
12-10-06, 02:54 PM
I remember the progress report on the wonky rear turretslol

dhdev (Oli)
12-10-06, 06:22 PM
FPMSL now that is thick lol

Knew someone would get it :thumb:

_Ben_
12-10-06, 09:58 PM
[quote=craig green]I looked at K830AJM when I was looking for a 1600 turbo. Chris from Bognor Regis IIRC??
quote]

Correct. Guy selling it was a right pain in the **** to get hold of (I had a look at it too).

Cheers.

DI4BLO
13-10-06, 11:42 AM
[quote=craig green]I looked at K830AJM when I was looking for a 1600 turbo. Chris from Bognor Regis IIRC??
quote]

Correct. Guy selling it was a right pain in the **** to get hold of (I had a look at it too).

Cheers.

TBH think chris got ticked off with tyre kickers and wannabees, lost heart on selling it and answering phone, hes still an pain to get hold of. had dozens of "my old mans going to insure it", closly followed by can get insurance, my favorite was a pair of guys came with a photo albulm of novas they had seen and just took picks of it then said its not as mint as others and not what they thought LOL good one, hope it was a nice day out for themlol

craig green
13-10-06, 08:13 PM
[quote=_Ben_]

TBH think chris got ticked off with tyre kickers and wannabees, lost heart on selling it and answering phone, hes still an pain to get hold of. had dozens of "my old mans going to insure it", closly followed by can get insurance, my favorite was a pair of guys came with a photo albulm of novas they had seen and just took picks of it then said its not as mint as others and not what they thought LOL good one, hope it was a nice day out for themlol

LOL. Mightve been me. It was not mint like he thought though. It blew up shortly after being sold & he would not shift on price. It had been backed into a fence post & thus buckled the metal around the rear light cluster. It had holes in the dash for phone holders & turbo timers & a dirty great Alpine sticker above the glovebox. Not quite 'mint' or worth ?6k.. I had the money but not for that one. I went to Courtenay & got my own GSi turbo'd instead.

I can see how he lost his patience with prospective buyers though. It was advertised for sometime & I wouldnt disagree it was stunning to look at (in the mags).

CG