PDA

View Full Version : fitting sub frames to nova

Big_Chap
10-10-06, 08:59 PM
what exactly is involved? do you need to cut out the original mounts? and do you need to drill holes in the floor etc?

dan23
10-10-06, 09:42 PM
drill holes in floor
shouldnt have to cut the origal runners
or may be you could weld them through the bolt holes in stead of drilling

Big_Chap
10-10-06, 10:08 PM
yeah, aint that a bit dodgey? the front of the original seats fix to a kind of structural part but the floor has quite a bit of flex in it, suppose i could weld large washers to the underside if the floor

L14MNP
11-10-06, 02:13 PM
yeah, aint that a bit dodgey? the front of the original seats fix to a kind of structural part but the floor has quite a bit of flex in it, suppose i could weld large washers to the underside if the floor

I have just acquired some subframes and don't agree with mounting to the floor either! Thats just daft, as its piss thin!

They have a roller type thing at the front on the bottom which is held down by two 'U' shaped brackets that bolt in the original seat bracket holes, but the back looks like I need to dril 2 holes in the floor, inbetween the strengthned bit for the OE rails, this sound like the type of nova subframes you can buy?

I am not keen and am now just going to go with plan A, of just modifying the original frames to take the Monacos, much safer imo!

draper
11-10-06, 04:41 PM
im gonna be making my own/modifying some nova sub seat frames - shouldnt be to difficult - also the rails and the front seat mounting points have been cut away on my shell so i havent got 1 OE mounting point