PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

draper
10-10-06, 01:00 PM
right then, a firm i used to work for on a self employed business havent paid my last invoice and are now not answering any of my phone calls which means im fcuked !! how can i go about chasing payment legally ??

i dont wanna go round to the guys house and kick-off as thats gonna get me nowhere

Jack
10-10-06, 01:02 PM
Debt collection agency :D

draper
10-10-06, 01:06 PM
but they cost money dont they ??

Matt2107
10-10-06, 01:07 PM
If they have a fixed address (which I'm guessing they must have for mail) then write them a letter saying that you will be taking legal action against them if they do not resolve your un-paid invoice. Most companies will do nothing at this stage. It might then be worth asking a solicitor to contact them as then they know you are serious and will probably pay.

Your right not to go round there and knock him the **** out.

draper
10-10-06, 01:09 PM
think thats what im gonna do - they could have posted a cheque to be ****y tho

Breeny
10-10-06, 01:11 PM
If you are self employed, you have a solicitor? How do you get paid, Umbrella company or Ltd Company?

draper
10-10-06, 01:14 PM
i just invoice every month - money goes straight into my account

draper
10-10-06, 01:15 PM
i just invoice every month - money goes straight into my account

Jack
10-10-06, 01:24 PM
Of course always ensure all correspondence is sent recorded or special delivery so RM get you both proof of delivery and who at the company signed for it.

wisewood
10-10-06, 01:26 PM
Write them a nicely worded letter, pointing out that your last invoice has, as yet, not been paid, and the timescale that payment is usually made has passed.

Remind them that it needs to be paid, and tell them that payment is due immediately, and for what amount - enclose a copy of the invoice "for their records".

If payment is not made within 14 days, send another letter giving 14 days and if payment has not cleared into your account by then, you will persue legal action.

wisewood
10-10-06, 01:32 PM
Dear *recipient name*,

My most recent invoice for services provided, dated *insert date*, remains unpaid. The period during which the invoice would normally have been paid has now elapsed.

Please find enclosed a duplicate copy of the invoice for your records, payment of which is now due immediately.

Regards,

*insert your name*

draper
10-10-06, 01:37 PM
spot on, cheers people - still leaves me in the **** this month tho what with rent and food to buy but such is life

Matt2107
10-10-06, 01:43 PM
You live on beer anyways dont you :p

as for rent.... make the buggers wait.

draper
11-10-06, 12:47 PM
^^ cheeky fook !!! im cutting down the beer anyway - spoke to the guy last night and he is paying my invoice after 30 days, like they do for suppliers etc

its just his way of **** ing people over now i dont work for him - he then resorted to giving me a dressing down and name calling - never felt so pleased about keeping my calm

Jack
11-10-06, 12:53 PM
spoke to the guy last night and he is paying my invoice after 30 days, like they do for suppliers etc
MOD does that, I remember in AH the beancounters pretty much ignored all bills unless they were red and included the words "final demand" lmfao lol