PDA

View Full Version : transplant/insurance

Anonymous
04-04-01, 11:23 PM
If i put a GTE or GSI engin in my 1.4sr how does it effect the insurance? Does the car now class as the higher model or do the insuriance company simply add a percentage on for the modification if so does any one know what percentage. At the mo i pay ?840 full comp 18 1years no clames car value ?3000 (cis). Thankx for any advice :-/

Anonymous
05-04-01, 08:39 AM
When i wanted to put a 1.4sr engine into my 1.2, my insurance company said would NOT insure me if i did that-they went on about loads of shit excuses about how my 1.2 could not handle the 1.4 engine and hence it would be dangerous- a load of crap basically.
So, i advise u to find out if your insurance company will even let u swap engines never mind how much your premium will go up. ;) Im with Norwich Union Direct

Anonymous
05-04-01, 09:52 AM
you will need to fill in a modds for saying that brakes suspension lighting etc have been upgraded to the same of better then the car that the engine came out of, or they may make you get an engineers report on your car basicly the same as above but with an offical bloke writing down the info not you

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---