PDA

View Full Version : Seat Leon Cupra R

Markyc
09-10-06, 04:40 PM
Driving back home from my sisters last nite bout 7.30 and there's a couple of rounderbouts and nice fast sweeping bends on the way back to mine. As i no them like the back of my hand none of my mates can stay with me let allowen overtake me!. i Had 2 cars in front of me so i eased off so i could take the rounderbout fast and as so i saw a pair of head lights flighting up behind me and saw it was a seat leon cupra R i fought i cud have some fun!! Droped it into 2nd and motored round the rounderbout overtoke the 2 other cars and had a hlf mile ish straight before the nxt set of bends The bloke jst caught me up as i hit the first bend when he nearly hit me up the ****! then over the next 4 bends i lost him and he was nowhere in site!LOL as i was sitting in traffic at the nxt junction who pulls up beside me but the leon and he says to me "how the **** did u take the rounderbout so fast!" and "is that a 2ltr or somefing" I told him it was a 1.2 and he slightly red faced and his girlfriend laughing made his depaurte up the road! haha! I no you lot don't like this sorta behaviour and thats why its in muppets corner but that is some achive for the humble 1.2I

wisewood
09-10-06, 04:51 PM
honestly, for a 1.2i, that guy can't drive, because his car is WAY superior. doesnt matter how well you handle the corners if you're in a 1.2 you've not got the grunt out of the corners. Anyone with two feet, two hands and two eyes should be able to beat a 1.2i nova if they're driving a Leon Cupra R.

Maybe he had badged it up as such, possibly a base model? lol

Markyc
09-10-06, 04:57 PM
I no he should have killed me i was well surprised when he didn't come flying past me he was prob in his late 20 early 30's with alloys and a tiny front number plate so he might not have been trying v. hard!! lol

wisewood
09-10-06, 05:01 PM
the likely answer. was putting his foot down before, then you got in his way, so he backed off.

Markyc
09-10-06, 05:07 PM
but why say something like he didn't when he pulled up next to me??

Stuart
09-10-06, 05:43 PM
to be honest i see lots of "kids" giving it large and i think "ohh its going to be a fast one down this road" (esp one i know well) then they cant run at the pace i want to go at so i back right off to get some space between to ahve some fun in the bends etc....

womble sri
09-10-06, 05:47 PM
i beat one of those over a rounabout in my sr he was being cheeky trying to beat the traffic although it is two lanes on the other side of the roundabout. any way i lumped out onto the roundabout as cam is a wee bit wild and he wemt past me on the inside lane and my cam kicked in and i shoy past him and up the two lanes with him on my **** so i gave it full beans and left him. well i say left he wasnt far behind but i had the edge. i was lovin it. stupidly priced high power tank vs tuned cheap stripped out bean can. has a bit of a race with an xr2i today well i think it was any way had a turbo kit but no dumpvalve and it would of pissed on my sri. completely atandar i might add and it was from 80 onwards.

Jack
09-10-06, 05:48 PM
I raced a 1.2 corsa on sunday which appeared to have a gaskell lookalike driving it.

Markyc
09-10-06, 05:53 PM
still don't explain why he said what he said tho!!

Stuart
09-10-06, 05:57 PM
maybe his car is still setup from factory to understeer like a hoe.... and yours has been "fixed"
hell i wanted to get rid of the vx due to the understeer on roundabouts..

wisewood
09-10-06, 06:33 PM
thats vx220 - not just a generic vauxhall lol.

He probably said what he said because he used to have a nova, and knows it would have made your year to have him compliment you on your slow car lol

Ricky G
09-10-06, 06:35 PM
i raced a seat leon cupra r when i had my xe and they fookin fly! he definatly cant drive or he was being very sarcastic and his girlfriend was infact laughing at you!

wisewood
09-10-06, 06:52 PM
queue the "no, he was serious, he was giving it everything it had, and she was laughing at him not me" comments.

On a month for the last 6 years lol

Jack
09-10-06, 08:07 PM
Meanwhile, on www.cupra-r.com....

"Some ned in a Nova thought he was faster than me, I didn't even bother. My missus found his car real funny though"

lol

novaco
09-10-06, 08:21 PM
^^ lol

Matt2107
10-10-06, 04:17 PM
Maybe he was hoping you'd crash for driving around at full chat all the time.

I often wish people would swerve off the road and die infront of me.