PDA

View Full Version : SORN'ed yet & runarounds

Paul
09-10-06, 03:10 PM
Anyone taken their Nova off the road yet for winter?

If so what runaround have you all got?

And what plans you got for them?

Took mine off the road for its winter 'spruce up' and bought a Cavalier V6, better than a nova sri or mondeo, my previous runarounds. lol

Plans for mine are to clean it up inside and have it sprayed cut the gsi bumper to fit intercooler, f28 and maybe a little laughing gas.

Paul

Matt2107
09-10-06, 03:18 PM
GTE has been permenantly off the road for a few years as I'm ultra slow at getting anything done at all.

I was considering buying another nova as a run around. Probably a 1.3 or 1.4 SR but thats on hold now as I cant be putting up with the lame ass heaters fitted to nova's. The mk2 mondeo will have to stay till at least feb as its toasty warm in 10 secs.

Philsutton
09-10-06, 03:20 PM
i normally run some low spec nova into teh ground over the winter but i htink i'll do that to the corsa this year.

Paul
09-10-06, 03:21 PM
lmao that corsa is abused day in day out :thumb:

Riggy
09-10-06, 03:22 PM
hoping to get my white one off road before end of month for a full respray rebuild in the new year

just got to get my XE nova back and on road first lol

Adam
09-10-06, 03:22 PM
Mine doesn't come off the road, it goes through Snow and everything! ;) Lol

Stuart
09-10-06, 03:26 PM
sorning cars for winter is for pussies :p be a man and drive your car all year round.... rust pfft i think only the brake discs can rust on mine lol

L14MNP
09-10-06, 03:26 PM
I have my primera off the road, want to do it to the nova also but that IS the runaround lol

every runaround i get i end up modding, damn it! vectra, astra mk3 4dr derv, mk1/2 mondeo...

help me lol

Matt2107
09-10-06, 03:28 PM
I am the same.

I'm looking at a billet bee sting ariel for my mondeo.
Its only ?4... .should I, shouldnt I?

wisewood
09-10-06, 03:31 PM
might as well lol

L14MNP
09-10-06, 03:33 PM
Not if it's front mounted!

leave the fishing rod lol nothing worse than stumpy front mounted beestings
imo lol

i was going to do the mk2 rear end conversion to my mk1 mondeo, but it died lol

Note even sure if it would fit, im sure the rear 1/4s are the same lol

I am the same.
I'm looking at a billet bee sting ariel for my mondeo.
Its only ?4... .should I, shouldnt I?

Matt2107
09-10-06, 03:39 PM
lol it is a front mounted one.

I've also been looking to upgrade to a 6000 EDS cd player or 6006 six disc one but there about ?40.

Dunno if I can be bothered.

I think I might take the fuel filler cap off and practice my air brushing though.

Jack
09-10-06, 05:10 PM
The Celica stays alive all year round... Winter = snow on the hills round here = 4WD fun :D

L14MNP
10-10-06, 02:03 AM
I'll ask the lads I know at the big Ford breakers near mine mate, sure I could acquire you a better ford h/u for less than 40 sheets :thumb:

lol it is a front mounted one.

I've also been looking to upgrade to a 6000 EDS cd player or 6006 six disc one but there about ?40.

Dunno if I can be bothered.

I think I might take the fuel filler cap off and practice my air brushing though.

cheshiresport
10-10-06, 09:16 AM
My nova sport is permanently sorn at the minute as im rebuilding it, current runaround is a ford racing puma (the wifes)!!!

Matt2107
10-10-06, 09:48 AM
I'll ask the lads I know at the big Ford breakers near mine mate, sure I could acquire you a better ford h/u for less than 40 sheets :thumb:

That would be nice. Would need the security code though.

L14MNP
10-10-06, 10:32 AM
That would be nice. Would need the security code though.

I can get that too mate, my mate (FRP obsessed) knows a few lads from the dealers etc and they can get the security codes by looking up the cars reg on the fast parts system they use. I will ask asap for ya mate

LMAO @ the FRP being the runaround lol

Ruin that alacantara steering wheel! What number is the car mate?

cheshiresport
10-10-06, 11:34 AM
Its number 149, well chuffed to have it now we got 2 limited edition motors in the family. When we start putting too much mileage on the frp we gonna go for another runaround lol probably a fiesta or corsa then :thumb:

cheshiresport
10-10-06, 11:38 AM
Here it is MY runaround, but the wifes pride and joy

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/cheshiresport/ours1Small.jpg

novanutted
10-10-06, 11:51 AM
ive jsut bought a nova but it will be off road until march getting the xe treatment strip out perspex windows rally slag basically,its flame red at the mo,26,914 miles 1.2 sx!! in absolute mint condition,going to do a full bare shell respray in glacier white,mite do sumfin different than speedlines and gsi kit will have to see what happens...

Stuart
10-10-06, 12:00 PM
POLYCARB ffs

Matt2107
10-10-06, 12:36 PM
You should have that on your gravestone stu. lol

draper
10-10-06, 12:39 PM
nova in none gsi/speedline combo :eek:

Tazzy
10-10-06, 04:14 PM
im going the other way for the winter, taking the corsa sri off the road for the winter, to finush by summer (respray, alloys, engine rebuild, hopefully!) and beinging out the beast to have some fun in!

supernova1992
10-10-06, 05:21 PM
for the price of a magazine, you cant go wrong! :)

dhdev (Oli)
10-10-06, 05:30 PM
Mines been off the road since 2 llandows ago lol It will be back in january tho.
I'm running around in a 328 coupe at the moment for the trip to work and a bit of drifting ;)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/dhdev/BMW%20328/2006_0820hols2006andBMW0073.jpg

Planning on getting a trampdrift car, to save killing the tyres on the BM tho.:thumb:

hendrix
10-10-06, 09:53 PM
my nova gsi is sorned and has been for about 9 months now and prob will be for ages. Chelles nova SR stays on the road all year (you can tell by the amount of rot and rust from last years harsh winter!!) Sold the corsa too so just baught a mint 1ltr as a run around for the time being although the modding has already started...getting GSi engine and some new suspension and cesaros lol

Rick Draper
10-10-06, 10:19 PM
My nova has been Sornd for about 3 years, currently use a corsa gsi day to day but i have just brought a mint corsa sport shell to put the gsi stuff into. Need to get spraying the sport bulkhead as i have removed the sound proofing and vauxhall seem to have not bothered spraying it the car colour behind it.

Nova_Houch7
10-10-06, 11:18 PM
Here it is MY runaround, but the wifes pride and joy

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/cheshiresport/ours1Small.jpg

Wish i could use that as a runaround!

Id have that as an everyday car myself!

aswell as keeping the nova on the road lol.

L

cheshiresport
11-10-06, 04:39 PM
Wish i could use that as a runaround!

Id have that as an everyday car myself!

aswell as keeping the nova on the road lol.

L

Yeah lol Nicky nearly killed me last night when i told her i had posted on here about her new car being my runaround. Its her dream car and she finally got one, use it as an everyday motor for her. But i drive it at weekends. The vw caddy van is my weekday workhorse lol lol lol lol

Tazzy
11-10-06, 04:47 PM
its difficult not to modify a car, i bought the corsa just for a cheap everyday run around, and the nova as the project, but after spending over ?4k on the corsa, its now the other way round, with both cars actually being modified

i cannot not modify a car, i even modify my mates when they get new cars, i just tell them to do one and let me get on with it, lol, its a desease, but what a great desease to have! lol