PDA

View Full Version : How far can you go while holding your breath?

wisewood
09-10-06, 01:59 PM
I just went from my office, down the stairs (two flights) to the toilet... upon my return, i decided to set myself a mini-challenge.

See if i could get from the toilet, across the landing, up the stairs, across the landing, up the stairs, across the landing, into my office, to my chair, and sit down... without breathing. I made it... just about.

So, how far can YOU get yourself while holding your breath (driving doesnt count) lol

Bored bored bored.

http://www.wisewood.org/blog/gallery/Random/holding_breath.jpg

Matt2107
09-10-06, 02:27 PM
I work on a secure site... i think if I held my breath alarm bells will go off and security men will come running to resuscitate (yes thats spelt right... my english is very good.)

The seem to be efficient at everything else like...

clamping cars
testing fire alarms
checking id's

wisewood
09-10-06, 02:34 PM
Security guards are all "properly trained and certified" now you know - i did the course as i used to work in the control room for a security company.

Its a load of old tosh - i went on the course having no experience of security, and having only done 6 shifts in the control room. I did the three day course, sat the two exams on the fourth day, and passed both.

It's a joke.

Jack
09-10-06, 02:40 PM
MOD Security is the shizz. They checked some flattened cardboard boxes I was taking across to the airstation side on Friday (because terrorists often hide in flattened cardboard boxes?) but didn't give a toss about the 4 laptops I took with me on the way back lol

wisewood
09-10-06, 02:44 PM
you cant be too careful (or indeed careless) in the fight against terror.

Those flattened cardboard boxes aroused suspicion because they had been flattened, probably to conceal a number of automatic weapons which would be taped to the insides. By flattening them you look like you're carrying nothing, and thus are more conspicuous than someone just carrying a box normally. You look like you're trying to avoid having them look at what you've got.

Stuart
09-10-06, 02:51 PM
jack, when getting onsite, show the police dog your pass not the modplod monkey.... just see the ammusment on their face lol

Jack
09-10-06, 05:44 PM
I'd get done for animal cruelty! :D

I don't think we've got any dogs here, just the odd squaddie with a gun. Go to Hereford and its different though apparently lol

linzTDI
11-10-06, 04:31 PM
My bf thinks i am rediculus at holding my breath i can do it under water for a few second but if i am relaxed and someone nips my nose and covers my mouth i proper panic and cant hold my breath at all!

Tazzy
11-10-06, 04:38 PM
i can only hold my breathe for a few seconds

as for security, i work for a multi million pound company thats one of the biggest in its sector, security? an old guy who drives a robin reliant and a young short as!an kid who cant speak english! they are really gona stop a terrorist organisation! lol

Dar
12-10-06, 10:00 AM
I held my breath for a minute underwater. I had to get the wife to hold me under though. It must have looked like she was trying to drown me. As for distance out of the water I have no idea.

Jack
12-10-06, 11:11 AM
I'm sure I've managed to hold my breath for around 2 minutes before, but that was without doing anything... not tried it whilst doing normal activities. Hmm, I have a meeting on Monday, wonder how long I can hold my breath for in that lol

Nova_Houch7
12-10-06, 06:43 PM
Ive managed to do 2 and a bit lengths of a swimming pool, which in length wasnt much shorter that competition size pools, this was few years back aswell (im 18 now) so i must have been bout 15 i think, used to swin alot, but im better underneath than i am on top.

L

Nova_Houch7
12-10-06, 06:45 PM
My grandad used to teach me ways of breathing underneath for longer, he used to play octopush for a proper team (octopush is like under water hockey) he was also the goalie, only aloud to wear snorkel and mask, and trunks obviously lollmao

L