PDA

View Full Version : What suspension to support My Heavy XE Lump?

Robo
08-10-06, 01:10 PM
I have a 2.0l 16v Redtop engine in my nova but when I brake the car seems to drip to one side and am thinking the Spax suspension that is on it is not supporting the front end. So what suspension are some of you people using to support your heavy xe lumps?

Cheers.

Philsutton
08-10-06, 02:07 PM
i use avo coilovers on mine

cavturbomike
08-10-06, 02:18 PM
Im not sure if it will work but this is what i will be trying for a start : I am using Spax -40mm springs for a cavalier Sri if that dont work then il be using cav v6 ones, failing that custom springs! - Personally i wouldnt class the XE as "that" heavy, im fitting the V6 which is a good 25-30kgs heavier than XE!

craig green
08-10-06, 02:20 PM
Use either coilovers with 270-300 lb springs or get the Bilstein Nova cup fr dampers. These have hugely oversized fr pistons compared to any other dampers. Then get www.coilsprings.co.uk (http://www.coilsprings.co.uk) to custom make a pair of 2.0 16v spec fr springs to your requested ride height.

Mazz
08-10-06, 05:27 PM
Courtenay do some XE Nova springs fairly cheap :
http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/default.htm?page=55

Right at the bottom..

The Simps
09-10-06, 03:25 PM
What will the car be used for?

If its for road use the yellow billies and courtney springs are a great kit (about ?300-400 for the lot from Courtney). The car won't sit very low but thats the reason it handles well, especially on bumpy b roads.

If you're looking for more a track weapon I'd go for coilovers. I've just fitted avo's and went for some higher poundage front springs and its awesome on the track but bangs and crashes on normal roads.

Slammed low isn't always better!

Hope this helps.

Simps.

dhdev (Oli)
09-10-06, 06:21 PM
[quote=QuizRobo] What suspension to support My Heavy XE Lump?[quote]

Just junk the springs and weld on some scaffold tubes :thumb: :p

Robo
12-10-06, 06:01 PM
Just junk the springs and weld on some scaffold tubes :thumb: :p[/quote]

Scaffold tubes!!!!lol You Crazy Man I don't wanna break my back driving down the road.:eek: :cry:

But Many Thanks for all your comments, I think the Bilstein kit will be my next purchase.

Many Thanks again..:thumb: