PDA

View Full Version : water under the front mats

GTE TURBZ
07-10-06, 07:05 PM
To all you technical genius?s out there, I have water under the mates in the front of the car, any idea where it is most likely to be coming from.

Thanks peeps.

craig green
07-10-06, 07:07 PM
heater matrix
windscreen seal
rust hole in battery tray
sunroof drain pipe (odd)

natural spa.....?

draper
07-10-06, 07:08 PM
hole in the battery tray, rubbers on the windows perished, could also be the heater matrix in the middle of the dash

draper
07-10-06, 07:09 PM
lol only beat me cuz i was perving at some bird on x-factor !!

GTE TURBZ
07-10-06, 08:21 PM
how can you check if its the central heater matrix if its not the battery tray or any of the other options, and is it most commonly the widscreen seal?

Welsh Dan
07-10-06, 08:31 PM
If its the heater matrix I think stuart said it'll taste sweet (provided you have antifreeze in there). To check the battery tray, when its dark stick a powerful lamp in each footwell, open the bonnet, if you see light coming through then theres the hole.

Novasport
07-10-06, 08:31 PM
My old Nova went on the seam behind where the wiper motor sits.
Have you been losing coolant recently? If so that could point to the heater matrix

draper
07-10-06, 08:37 PM
i take it yours is mk1 ??

under the central part of the dash theres a black cover/cowling, if you remove this (the bolts are a weird size 7mm i think and awkward to get to) it will brob be full of water

GTE TURBZ
07-10-06, 08:40 PM
no havent been losing coolent cheers all.

just one other thing my speedo (tacho meter) is making a clicking noice and the needles jumping, is it a straight case of changing the speedo cable?