PDA

View Full Version : Webber Carbs

Anonymous
02-04-01, 06:30 PM
I wanna fit a new carb on my 1400 sr, whats best to got for the 32/34 or just twin 40`s. What else is needed for each one.

thx

Anonymous
02-04-01, 08:08 PM
twin 40`s are more power 32/34s arent but are prone to running "quirks"

lol

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
02-04-01, 10:35 PM
depends how many dollars u got!!!! i would go for the twin 40's for best performance. BUT GET IT SET UP PROPER

Anonymous
02-04-01, 10:49 PM
depends how many dollars u got!!!! i would go for the twin 40's for best performance. BUT GET IT SET UP PROPER

Anonymous
03-04-01, 09:29 AM
Twin Webbers are the way to go. 130 BHP at the flywheel if set up correctly, you'd be surprised at what you can keep up with ;)
Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
03-04-01, 10:08 AM
In less your car has all the other mods e.g. cam, exhaust, head work, I wouldn't bother with the twin 40's because all that will happen when you get them set up is that they will get jetted down.

You could just get all the parts (twin 40's, cam, head work etc) and mod the car all at once. If your not planning on going all out I'd just go 4 the 32/34, I don't think you'd get your money's worth from the twin 40's on a std engine.

Also the twin 40's will need a new manifold which is about ?130 new, and the carbs are about ?200 each. The 32/34 is about ?200ish and goes on the std manifold.

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

dangsi@novaload.org.uk :>
______
./__|__\?_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
04-04-01, 01:47 PM
I have a 1.4 SR with twin 40s, Rally Cam, and flowed head and its pushing 114BHP at the fly. 130BHP is a bit overstated!!!!

As Dan said don;t bother with 40s unless you have/plan for head and cam work!

I used to have the Weber 32/34 DTML, the good thing about this carb is its a DIRECT REPLACEMENT for pierburg 2e3 so it should not effect insurance! It will give MUCH better throttle reposonse than standard pierburg, it will give better MPG (under normal driving, i.e. when your not hammering it :-)))

BUT again either way get a GOOD rolling road place to set it up and rejet the carb(s) as this will make a big diff. especially with the 40s.

bare in mind 40s should be tuned at least once a year to keep things smooth, every 6 months for perfection all the time!!! pain in the arse but these pay the price for high performance parts!!!!!

knowley@globalnet.co.uk