PDA

View Full Version : xe water pump

total_vauxhall
07-10-06, 03:30 PM
will i have to take my engine out off my nova to change the water pump or can it be done with the engine it its a c20xe nova

cavturbomike
07-10-06, 03:46 PM
Certainly a lot easier if the engine was out, would think it is possible but you wouldnt have much room to work in, removing the engine mount at the same side might give you a bit more room(cos ul be able to move engine about a bit).

total_vauxhall
07-10-06, 03:49 PM
cheers mate just as long as it can be done ill do it i only put the engine in 2 weeks ago cant be ar**d taking it back out

cavturbomike
07-10-06, 04:42 PM
Know what u mean, i had to take my cav engine out the day after a local garage put it in after bending all 16 valves. they were meant to have fixed it, flywheel bolts came slack cos they never checked the bottom end of things, ended up with no clutch and a car that wouldnt drive, ended up taking engine out and fixing it myself.

total_vauxhall
08-10-06, 12:00 AM
bast**ds ea just spend nearly 5 month building my nova agen cant realy be botherd taking it out like

General Baxter
08-10-06, 12:12 AM
lol i could not even get the cam belt cover off, with the engine still in, but then again im an egit!

Austin_Nova16
08-10-06, 11:52 AM
Changing the WP can just about be done with the engine in; I changed mine a couple of weeks ago.

Was a bit tough to change though. You need to get all the pullys and tensioner off and then undo that black plate behind the pullys. I wasn't about to get this plate out of the engine bay, so had to play about in the 1 1/2" gap between the plate and engine. Alternator had to be un-bolted (only the 2 bottom bolts) so that the WP could be withdrawn out the back and then underneath..

Bit fiddly, but good luck anyway..