PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a certain car..

Chelle
06-10-06, 11:58 PM
Hey people..

Pretty much not used this site since I sold the nov in 2004..

Wondered if anyone knew the whereabouts of my old Nova SRi.. yeah it's probably a really stupid question but you never know do you!

It was featured on here, Mark Donnison's old nov? H936FCN

Anyway if anyone's seen her going about or knows the owner give me a shout!! cheers! I am on a mission to get her back haha lol lol

peester
07-10-06, 12:00 AM
wow... best of luck.. ive been wanting to do that with both my old novas,.. but never had the balls to do it really..

db_1.2
07-10-06, 12:01 AM
Yeh good luck with that:):thumb:

Chelle
07-10-06, 12:03 AM
I'm just sad and have too much time on my hands to think about that car!! haha best car I ever had.. my mate bought Ben bought it in i think 2003.. and as soon as i saw it i said to him "that cars going to be mine" and sure enough a year and a bit later its up for sale and i bought it.. paid stupid money for it cause i didn't want anyone else to have it haha!

peester
07-10-06, 12:09 AM
well, u tried the dvla site think (can't remember link) it should tell u if the car is still going or if its been scrapped... tis a start..

Chelle
07-10-06, 12:10 AM
had a look, all i could find were general details such as engine size etc etc.. bothered!

draper
07-10-06, 10:33 AM
but it also tells you the last time it was taxed - so if it hasnt been taxed for a year its probbably scrapped - or at baxters minus the roof

walton_lad
07-10-06, 10:42 AM
If you do a payed check can't it tell you the address that it is regestered at?

Wilson
07-10-06, 12:01 PM
i have just done a vehicle check for you on dvla. it came out:

Date of Liability 01 03 2007
Date of First Registration 27 12 1991
Year of Manufacture 1991 Cylinder Capacity (cc)
1400CC CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK

The novas sorn so i should imagine its scrapped or the new owner could be working on it. :thumb:

mini_kris
07-10-06, 01:53 PM
where do you do one of the search's?
i want to search for some of my old cars:
NUN 536G
ORH 531P
OJL 340M

General Baxter
07-10-06, 02:27 PM
or at baxters minus the roof

lol leave me out of this lol

craig green
07-10-06, 02:39 PM
LOL @ Drapers comment..

mikey14sr
07-10-06, 03:41 PM

that'll be when the sorn's due to be renewed, so it was taxed up to march this year.

Wilson
07-10-06, 03:48 PM
where do you do one of the search's?
i want to search for some of my old cars:
NUN 536G
ORH 531P
OJL 340M

This is wear i do them: http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=Fn9DTvVllEqSt5 N0iSebUjO85TJhGlB6njfzFQalugPFwvNrVdce!-1549843389!769467156?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en. jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

Hope this helps :thumb:

Ste L
07-10-06, 03:53 PM
that'll be when the sorn's due to be renewed, so it was taxed up to march this year.

not always the case, could of been sorn again, in march :confused:

andymac
07-10-06, 04:09 PM
Hey people..

Pretty much not used this site since I sold the nov in 2004..

Wondered if anyone knew the whereabouts of my old Nova SRi.. yeah it's probably a really stupid question but you never know do you!

It was featured on here, Mark Donnison's old nov? H936FCN

Anyway if anyone's seen her going about or knows the owner give me a shout!! cheers! I am on a mission to get her back haha lol lol

i owned the car for a while bought it off a boy in turriff was in bit of a state when got it as he had painted race decals with house paint on the car and also had half of interior missing and wat was left was no use as he was goin use it for track he also put a new sri engine in it from ricky gauld in huntly which now sits in my rally car i then sold the car to a boy from forres with no engine and as far as im aware he was putting an astra sport engine in it

Nova_Houch7
07-10-06, 04:14 PM
Got any pictures of it at all ?

L

Chelle
07-10-06, 04:16 PM
i have just done a vehicle check for you on dvla. it came out:

Date of First Registration 27 12 1991
Year of Manufacture 1991 Cylinder Capacity (cc)
1400CC CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK

The novas sorn so i should imagine its scrapped or the new owner could be working on it. :thumb:

yeah i managed to get that information and noticed the sorn bit.. but i didnt understand if that meant it was sorn or what - i'd be gutted if that car was scrapped

Chelle
07-10-06, 04:19 PM
i owned the car for a while bought it off a boy in turriff was in bit of a state when got it as he had painted race decals with house paint on the car and also had half of interior missing and wat was left was no use as he was goin use it for track he also put a new sri engine in it from ricky gauld in huntly which now sits in my rally car i then sold the car to a boy from forres with no engine and as far as im aware he was putting an astra sport engine in it

THANKS!! just the sort of info i was wanting.. yeah i bought it off ben (who i think bought it off the boy mark in england?) and then i sold it to pete in inverurie who then sold it to a boy in turriff so that would make sense.. i wanted to know where it went from there

oh my god i cant believe it, the car sounds like a total raft from what you're saying!! oh god my poor nov hahaha i'll get some pics up, she was mint when i had her - loads of problems though hence the sale but totally could have been sorted

andymac
07-10-06, 04:20 PM
Got any pictures of it at all ?

L

think i have some pics will have go dig them out it was in a sorry state when i sold it but done a bit of welding to it and shell was strong so i reckon it should still be goin as only sold it year ago

andymac
07-10-06, 04:27 PM
THANKS!! just the sort of info i was wanting.. yeah i bought it off ben (who i think bought it off the boy mark in england?) and then i sold it to pete in inverurie who then sold it to a boy in turriff so that would make sense.. i wanted to know where it went from there

oh my god i cant believe it, the car sounds like a total raft from what you're saying!! oh god my poor nov hahaha i'll get some pics up, she was mint when i had her - loads of problems though hence the sale but totally could have been sorted

the boy that i sold it to lives in forres and he had somthing do with raf lossiemouth will dig out old paperwork for car see if i still have his address. the boy that had it in turriff ruined it as i bought it and was driving it home it died on me late at nite all lights went off turned out he took all warning lights out of the dash and it wasnt making a circuit to charge the battery so reckon there was something up for him to take them out

Chelle
07-10-06, 04:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/nov.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/blacknov4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/Nov.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/blacknov7-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/blacknov8-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/gutted.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/praisethelowered69/novontruck2.jpg

last 2 pics are of the car on back of a truck at peterhead fast and modified cruise november 2004.. not long before i sold it

Nova_Houch7
07-10-06, 04:43 PM
Oh that one! remmeber it from while back i think!

L

Chelle
07-10-06, 04:44 PM
haha thats quite funny, the car cut out constantly when i had it thats why i was made to sell it (17 at the time so parents could tell me what to do).. took it to f&m peterhead cruise and it got in the mag well there was a pic of the car gettin a jump start and they made a cheeky comment in the mag

but yeah for some reason the car didnt charge.. wasnt the battery and wasnt the alternator so i think it was down to dodgy wiring as the boy who owned it before me put a new engine in it and i don't think he really knew what he was doing..

andymac
07-10-06, 04:56 PM
haha thats quite funny, the car cut out constantly when i had it thats why i was made to sell it (17 at the time so parents could tell me what to do).. took it to f&m peterhead cruise and it got in the mag well there was a pic of the car gettin a jump start and they made a cheeky comment in the mag

but yeah for some reason the car didnt charge.. wasnt the battery and wasnt the alternator so i think it was down to dodgy wiring as the boy who owned it before me put a new engine in it and i don't think he really knew what he was doing..

it was the battery warning light some one had taken the bulb out and it wasnt making a circuit so wouldnt charge replaced the bulb and the car run perfect. when i got it car had gsi bumper on the front and the wheels were sprayed white that only difference and car had nova painted on doors and blue and white squares over bonnet and down one side totally ruined it

Chelle
07-10-06, 05:08 PM
AAAAAAAAAH YOU'RE UPSETTING ME STOP IT haha that poor cars been tortured!!

bugger can't believe it was something as simple as that i could still have the car now :(

andymac
07-10-06, 05:27 PM
AAAAAAAAAH YOU'RE UPSETTING ME STOP IT haha that poor cars been tortured!!

bugger can't believe it was something as simple as that i could still have the car now :(

it was a simple fix i checked everything with a voltmeter and it was last thing thought of.
can i ask how much you payed for it

rednova
07-10-06, 06:07 PM
i remember when mark had it - he put my rear seats in did it still have the 3 rear head rests when you bought it chelle?

bump
07-10-06, 07:46 PM
Just for reference I've just checked two of my previous plates on the DVLA site and they come up as unlicenced, I know for a fact that both are scrapped.

Chelle
13-10-06, 10:51 AM
totally forgot about this post haha.. em i payed a grand for it lol oops!! sold it for 900 so i suppose thats not too bad.. i was young, had money to play with and desperately wanted THAT car!! silly girl!

yeah i think it did have the 3 headrests i'm sure it did! it also had leather covers when i bought it, sounds tacky but they fit really well and it looked quite nice!!

Matt2107
13-10-06, 02:07 PM
Just for reference I've just checked two of my previous plates on the DVLA site and they come up as unlicenced, I know for a fact that both are scrapped.

One of mine also comes up like this.

The other comes up as not being found at all lol..

They have both been scrapped.

dave_rand
13-10-06, 06:52 PM
i know its a bit off topic but what does this mean

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for J218 JHG are:
Date of Liability 09 09 2005 Date of First Registration 18 09 1991 Year of Manufacture 1991 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1196CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour BLACK Vehicle Type Approval The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry. Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate ?60.50 12 Months Rate ?110.00

was my first car and wondered if it was still alive after reading this thread

muzzy
13-10-06, 06:53 PM
im sure i saw that thing in aberdeen the other day beside the court

Chelle
16-10-06, 11:18 PM
muzzy - what, my car???

muzzy
22-10-06, 10:56 PM
looked near enough exactly like it, same front bumper and it was black, was full of neds

Chelle
29-10-06, 01:20 PM
there are 2 black novas going about town, one is H___TSS and the other is a J reg.. but i don't think the H reg has the same bumper as mine did but the guy Peter who bought it off of me took that front bumper off as soon as he bought it off me..