PDA

View Full Version : Singler Wiper Probs???

Anonymous
02-04-01, 10:53 PM
Ive done my single wiper conversation taking off 10mm. I've fitted a Facelift 306 arm and a 19" blade. But the coverage doesn't seem big enough? In pictures in the gallery/feature cars the wiper nearly hits the top of the window screen where mine is bout 3" away from the top! It seams as if the arm isn't long enough?

Can someone clear this up?

Cheers
The Kevster

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
02-04-01, 11:09 PM
I have noticed the same. I have a 19" blade on mine and it is still no where near the top of the screen.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
03-04-01, 12:15 PM
use a 20" wiper blade thats what i have on mine and 10" is too much if you fit a larger wiper blade it will wipe the rubber on the bottom of the windscreen and everything.

Anonymous
03-04-01, 07:09 PM
You need to chop aprox 7mm off to use the bigger wiper blades.

Anonymous
03-04-01, 07:10 PM
That`s from the original length, ooops!

Anonymous
03-04-01, 08:36 PM
yeah but if u only cut 7mm out u dont get a full sweep do u, i still aint got mine riight after 3 weeks.

Anonymous
03-04-01, 08:51 PM
So how do you get the wiper working perfectly? Or cant you do this using a single wiper? Style vs Function?

Anyone done this properly?

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
04-04-01, 12:31 AM
I have cut 7/8 mm off and i have enough sweep. I have it parked a bit higher on the passenger side so it goes lower on the drivers side.
I dont have it centre parked coz i reckon it looks shit.
The sweep is more than adequate. If you fit a longer blade so it reaches the top of the screen then cut the bottom of the blade off so it doesnt foul the rubbers at the botttom of the screen.