PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop here we come!!

Mr-G
06-10-06, 08:16 AM
I have been meaning to get the car into a bodyshop for ages now and finally its happening :D

I had a quote a week ago for new sills, new arches, sorting the passenger door lock (previous break in), sorting some rust under the bonnet, respray both 1/4 panels and respray the door shuts.

I spoke to the financial advisor last night lol and all is good the cash is there:D so i am going down at luch time to book her in, should be done by the end of the month.

I will get some pics uploaded later of the ares that need doind so u can all see the grot before and after :)

macc nova
06-10-06, 08:21 AM
good job mately, how much is that costing? (if you dont mind me asking) because ive been qouted ?850 for two new rear arches and a fulll respray. just wondering if that a good price????

post up some pics when you get it back:thumb:

Mr-G
06-10-06, 08:31 AM
good job mately, how much is that costing? (if you dont mind me asking) because ive been qouted ?850 for two new rear arches and a fulll respray. just wondering if that a good price????

post up some pics when you get it back:thumb:

I have been quoted ?700 for all the work above, the door lock and bits under the bonnet he is doing for free as he is a freind so what i am being charged for is the sills and arches, respraying the quarters and door shuts.

?850 is cheap for arches and a full respray, have you seen his work at all ?

Matt2107
06-10-06, 09:23 AM
I'd be worried about ?850 for arches and respray.

I had a front panel, rear panel and two rear arches done for ?380

coochiSR
06-10-06, 09:08 PM
mine cost me ?400 and that was, sorting out the cock up of the arches both doors, both sills, both front wings to be sprayed, which i didnt think was bad, good job too, wil post pics up weekend once ive washed it! But yer what matt said for a full repsray that is fliiping cheap! how good is he?
Dan

Mr-G
07-10-06, 05:22 PM
Well she is booked in yipee!!!!!

second week of november she goes in to have all the work done :)

craig green
07-10-06, 06:52 PM
All bodyshops price differently tbh. I would be somewhat wary of anything too cheap & make sure you can see some of their work or know of people that would vouch for the quality.

Ive had a ?300 respray on my 1st Nova that was pretty crap tbh.
Ive also spent a grand on the paint on my GSi but that still has flaws.

Atleast see it afterr they have done the arches & make a decision whether to allow them to continue. I had my rear arch replaced & the engine bay sprayed by one bodyshop & didnt let them continue with the rest of the car. I took it elsewhere.

Depends on what you can afford & what you want the finished article to be like, not to mention if your bumpers are fibreglass etc...

Timmy
07-10-06, 09:06 PM
i payed 300 for two new arches and two side resprayes look good , but that was a mate of a mate.

Benn
08-10-06, 12:14 AM
good man g,
about time too...

Mr-G
08-10-06, 03:40 PM
good man g,
about time too...

:D thought that you would be pleased lol, she is having a fair bit done to her on the out side but i need a new drivers door as ken at the bodyshop said mine is to far gone, the passenger door however is mint apart from an attempted break in so around the lock is a bit bent but he is fixing that.

I need a chat with you at some point mr benn about cleaning because i have neglected her a bit and the paintwork is rough and has loads of black spots.

I have washed and polished her today and she is a lot better but the paint still feels rough to the touch and has loads of tarspot.

This sounds like a mr wimpy time at winchester :thumb:

Benn
08-10-06, 04:32 PM
funk yeah dude,next week! and you know me..i know a lil bit about cleaning....

Mr-G
08-10-06, 08:17 PM
its a date then lol

Benn
08-10-06, 08:27 PM
ooo i'm excited...

Mr-G
08-10-06, 08:31 PM
lol, dont worry benn i will get her looking all nice for ya :thumb: , i just removed the pinstripes and polished all the muck out, next thing is to get all the tarspot off and get in all the nooks and crannies with a tooth brush :eek:

I really need to make a start on the interior aswell but i think i will leave that untill after i have got it back from the bodyshop.

ooooohhhh it does sound really novel for me to actually have a car booked into a bodyshop lol

Benn
08-10-06, 08:59 PM
i'm glad it is dude!

Mr-G
08-10-06, 09:04 PM
me to lol, speaking of which does it all sound like an ok price to you?

Basically i am having new sills, new rear arches, both rear 1/4 panels resprayed all the way up to the roof, the door shuts resprayed, passenger door lock sorted and 2 plates welded under the bonnet for ?650

Benn
08-10-06, 10:03 PM
thats very cheap.

Mr-G
09-10-06, 08:32 AM
kool lol, tbh i have seen plenty of his work and he is really good, so i trust him with mine