PDA

View Full Version : nova is ready for return

Tazzy
05-10-06, 02:19 AM
project sr is now almost finished, everythings working again, its running, sounding sweet, running sweet, just need some welding doing in boot floor, driver side sill, and engine bay, and a new downpipe, as well as a k&n filter

doesnt look to good though as the cars blue, but the front bumper and wing mirrors are grey and the boot door and rear bumper are white

ill try sort some pics out

BUT, whats the deal on legalities? i mean, once ive insured the car, its got no mot or tax, cant get tax with no mot or ins, so what if the filth stop me whilst im going to the garage for the mot? im gona need to wait for the ins papers to come through before i drive the car!

help!

cheerz ta very mooch!

Welsh Dan
05-10-06, 02:29 AM
If you want to do it all by the book, trailer it to the garage (so it doesn't touch the road).

novajen
05-10-06, 08:25 AM
Iirc.... you can drive the car to the MOT garage if you have insurance... you either have to have a peice of paper off the garage stating when your car is booked in OR the police can phone the garage and your name and reg number will be on the books. my uncle owns a garage and he said thats what most people do... saves the time and money youd spend with a trailer.

Matt2107
05-10-06, 09:42 AM
I agree with Jen... plus you'd have to be a real grumpy copper to give someone a hard time for this.

draper
05-10-06, 09:46 AM
you can drive to a MOT test centre without an MOT as long as its booked in however the above case he hasnt any tax so its still illegal to the strictest letter of the law

getting caught without tax and you normally have to pay back tax from the time it was SORNed

get caught without MOT and its a ?30 fine

craig green
05-10-06, 10:56 AM
Foot down...dont get caught.

I always get someone in a dodgy vehicle to act as decoy, if the rozz show up, the decoy bdriver boots it off to fend off the coppers himself & leave the dodgy car free to scarper home.

works in theory. never needed to try it though.

draper
05-10-06, 10:57 AM

I always get someone in a dodgy vehicle to act as decoy, if the rozz show up, the decoy bdriver boots it off to fend off the coppers himself & leave the dodgy car free to scarper home.

works for me ;) altho it works better if the decoy vehicle is legit

just like smokey and the bandit, eyeball 10-4

craig green
05-10-06, 10:59 AM
yeah I meant legit, but pullable. ie my mate with a white Astra GTE & black wheels.

matt1chelski
05-10-06, 11:13 AM
X5, blacked out windows, semi auto pointing out the window? lol If i were you, id just go to the closest garage and drive there.

General Baxter
05-10-06, 11:19 AM
trade plates,

ask the garage that you booked it into so you can borrow theres,

Matt2107
05-10-06, 11:47 AM

You just get more and more shady with every post mate lol

Tazzy
05-10-06, 12:40 PM
lol, well thanks for your help guys, a few problems i should of added, i dont know anyone at all with a trailer, and, my garage is a good 7 miles away with many police floating around in between, plus, its going to look surspicious with a back box as loud as a plane, with a grey front bumper, and white boot door and rear bumper, when the cars blue!

hmmm!!!!

Matt2107
05-10-06, 12:53 PM
Just go for it.

I drove mine 5 or 6 miles with a cracked windscreen on drivers side (proper good spider web) No tax, no insurance, no mot to get a quote for some body work. Actually drove past two police cars at different point in the journey.

Welsh Dan
05-10-06, 12:53 PM
The garage should have, or have close ties with, a recovery truck... ?

General Baxter
05-10-06, 12:55 PM
lucky lol

Tazzy
05-10-06, 01:28 PM
i know someone with a flat bed lorry, but theyll charge like ?40!

im trying to get this done on a budget, im already ?110 over budget!

Tazzy
05-10-06, 01:29 PM
oh yeah bax, get on msn!