PDA

View Full Version : Weber Set-up

Anonymous
01-04-01, 06:29 PM
I've fitted my Weber carb today (DMTL twin-choke), and just need some help on setting it up.

It's on and running, but when I rev the engine to about 3000, it runs out of breath, and the revs drop off until it dies.
If when this starts to happen, I put on more gas, the second barrel opens, and the revs go ski high.
Will this be sorted by getting it tuned (which I'm doing anyway of course), or is it anything more sinister?
It is just the mixture that could be running weak (came off a Nova running standard filter and box, but now with huge K&N), and where's the mixture adjustment screw? Is there a screw for each barrel?
I'll leave it to the experts I think, but for now, so that I can use it ok, how can I stop this flat spot?
I could dust be that it's not piped up right, which leads on to my next questions......

......There's a pipe on the front of the carb, which I'm assuming is the vacuum pipe, that goes to the dizzy. Is it?
When disconnected, it struggles to run, but as soon as I put my finger over the end, the engine runs smooth.
There's also another pipe on the rear of the carb, that currently is not connected to anything. Is that the one that would have gone up into the standard air-box?
And, what about the pipe that comes out of the back of the manifold?

Has anyone who's fitted one of these to there Nova, still got the fitting and set-up instructions that came with it?
If so, could you scan them, or photocopy them, and send 'em to me?
e-mail me first, on the link on my user name above.

Cheers.

Anonymous
01-04-01, 06:32 PM
take it to a garage with tuning equiptment!!
?15 max

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
01-04-01, 07:05 PM
I know that! .....sorry mate, but I've already said I'm getting it tuned ;)
The question was more about how to set-up the pipes....which ones goes where etc.

Looking through some of the old posts, right back into the archives, it seams like the flat spot is simply 'cos of the mixture setting.
BTW...the K&N is off a 2.0 Cortina...and it's fking huge!

One more thing...where's the nearest rolling road to me...I'm at the North of Sheffield.

Anonymous
02-04-01, 12:57 PM
I've just found from another web-site, that the Weber 32/34 DMTL carb, was standard fitment on the Land Rover 90 & 110, 2.5 petrol!!!

Anonymous
02-04-01, 01:10 PM
And, standard fitment on some Metros!

Anonymous
02-04-01, 05:37 PM
there also standard on xr shitty 2's

Anonymous
03-04-01, 04:29 PM
are these carbs difficult to get hold of?-Im tempted on trying one now :-/ what metros were they fitted to?- are they very easy to fit to a nova 1.2?

Anonymous
03-04-01, 08:34 PM
u cant get one off anything else bar one that was made for a vaux.

I phoned up the carb hospital, they said it cant fit, new manifold/linkages wud have to be made up.

XRpoooooo one wont fit either and i dont think they came on any metro.

Sorry, but if u want one, u gotta get a vaux one.