PDA

View Full Version : Parcel line

vallanc3
04-10-06, 12:51 PM
Been waiting for my new phone for today now. Rang them up and they said they tryed delivering it yesterday:confused: wich is impossible as i was in ALL day waiting.
Has anybody else had a problem with them or is it just me?

TommySR
04-10-06, 12:58 PM
hmm.. either they got the wrong address or there just lying lol, have you gotta go and fetch it now or they going to try and deliver it again?

General Baxter
04-10-06, 01:13 PM
they did try, they just walked up to the door and post the ' we missed you card'

iv video'd them in the act!

wisewood
04-10-06, 01:18 PM
I've had loads of problems like this with deliveries... they're ridiculous.

Delivery driver gets stuck in traffic, he's now running late, he doesnt want to finish work late, so he skips a couple of deliveries that are "out of his way" and just puts down on his form that you weren't at home.

Worse than this, is that the vans will have gps tracking, so the management know that they're cheating, and just let them get away with it.

vallanc3
04-10-06, 03:23 PM
they tryed to convince me that they did come round but no-one was in,they said they came at 2.30 but i was in all day. and.. said they left a card but i havn't seen no "we missed you" card.W**kers

wisewood
04-10-06, 03:29 PM
did they double check your address and postcode with you?
They might have been to the wrong house... in the wrong estate, on the wrong end of town.

Matt2107
04-10-06, 03:36 PM
I worked for Parcelforce (they are all the same) for over 2 years mate (in the office)... it happens all the time.

Trust me, them saying that you weren't in when you were is the least of your worries. Theft, playing football with parcels, fraud all happen on a daily basis.

mini_kris
04-10-06, 04:34 PM
I worked for Parcelforce (they are all the same) for over 2 years mate (in the office)... it happens all the time.

Trust me, them saying that you weren't in when you were is the least of your worries. Theft, playing football with parcels, fraud all happen on a daily basis.

:eek: thats shocking no wonder things are damaged or just dont turn up half the time!

Matt2107
04-10-06, 04:56 PM
Trust me mate the worst thing you can do is wrap it in fragile tape.
Its an invite to throw it into a cage to see how well wrapped up it is.

My old depot hit the news when one fella was arrested for nicking dyson hoovers and selling them on. He got away with it for ages until IB (investigation bureau) put a tracking device in a dummy parcel and also camera's in the 7 and a half tonne he was driving.