PDA

View Full Version : insurance...

oblong
02-10-06, 09:51 PM
a concern for me and i'm sure alot of younger drivers is the HUGE insurance premiums were paying, so i was wondering....

who are you with? what your paying? location? and what mods your done to your nova?

this would be a huge help for me and i'm sure alot of other people here

matt1chelski
02-10-06, 09:54 PM
A) This should be in the insurence section
B) as it has been previously said (i think), all that info is pretty usless, you will NEVER get the same quote as someone else, because eveyone has totaly different situations. The only thing you can do is get a base quote online, then spend a few hours ringing round................

Ricky G
02-10-06, 09:56 PM
alot of people dont declare mods so its hard to get a good idea of what people are realy paying! it seems that insurance have you bent over the barrell either way!

mrClen
04-12-06, 05:06 AM
Sometimes insurance companies (i.e. Geico, Progressive) that insure you over the phone will give you an INITIAL quote, which sounds pretty good. But then they'll look up your record and that quote will change. So be sure the prices you're getting are the exact price you're paying when you sign on that dotted line you may also see Oneshopinsurance (http://www.oneshopinsurance.com)to check the complete list of different insurance companies prices

Jack
04-12-06, 09:50 AM
^ Gee thanks, thats of great use on a UK-based site lol :roll:

Anyway, over here in the developed world, we have a thing called Trading Standards - If an insurance company gives you a quotation, that price is set and they have to honour it (unless stated its an "in the region of... subject to further information" quote, as Flux do via email). If the company has made a mistake in their calculations, thats their problem not yours. The insurance ombudsman would have a field day if the insurance company upped the premium after the customer accepts the initial quotation lol