PDA

View Full Version : what music do you like?

Ricky G
02-10-06, 09:42 PM
im sat here going through my cd case as im bored and i have a very random selection of music! my main cd's are hardcore as it is great to drive to but i have loads of old stuff too! i got oxide & neutrino (wicked album)
faithless cd which is also good!
some old skool cd's that i have just randomly bought!
some jungle cd's (fcuk knows why coz i dont like it much)
then it goes onto coldplay and a keane cd!
i even have a blue cd and a lemar cd (not mine honest ;) )
i just have a random cd case that covers all angels basicly!
so whats in your cd case???

Ricky G
02-10-06, 09:44 PM
there is one song i want tho! it was played on radio one today and it is by gorrillaz! but cant remember the name of it! its kind of like drum n bassy but not......that doesnt make sense! im sure if anyone has the slightest clue what song i mean they would probly like it too!

novabex
02-10-06, 09:48 PM
I like faithless, prodigy, ian brown, pendulum, streets, arctic monkeys, the killers...

My taste in music is really random... Haha.

My fave types of music are drum and bass, hard house, trance, hard trance, breakbeat.

Ricky G
02-10-06, 09:51 PM
i find the artic monkeys realy catchy and i keep singin along to them at work without even realising! weirdo eh? when i was younger i was into just garage cos it was cool........****.........then i grew up and made my own choices hence the random cd case!

Jim Mcrae
02-10-06, 09:52 PM
Loads of stuff
Hardcore, classic euphoria, some drum 'n' bass DJ fresh album is quality, faithless, daft punk, killers, editors, kaiser cheifs, gorrilaz, steriophonics, hard fi, fat boy slim, prodigy, artic monkeys, the streets to name a few

novabex
02-10-06, 09:54 PM
Hard fi are mint!

matt1chelski
02-10-06, 10:01 PM
Hard Fi, Dexys midnight runners, the feeling, the kooks, lilly allen, madness, outkast, oasis, razorlight, shaggy, UB40, bob marley, the zutons, a HUGE range of music lol.

craig green
02-10-06, 10:08 PM
Was in London to see Jay-Z last week. That was totally awesome & havent taken a Jay-Z CD out of my player since. Really into the old stuff 'dead presidents' & 'streets is watchin' etc. I also bought DJ Fresh 'escape from planet Monday' whilst I was in London, that is a good album.
I'm right into DnB, since about a year ago when I started to listen to it non-stop, though Ive been into DnB for 12 or 13 yrs.
Definately DnB & Hip Hop are my main genre's.
My Dads tastes have influenced me though, & Ive got Pink Floyd, Led Zep, the Eagles & stranglers & stuff like that.

Another wierdy that springs to mind is ZZ Top...lol

This is from Jay-Z at Wembley arena if you can see him...LOL
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/London_Jay-Z_Nova029.jpg

JJL
02-10-06, 10:23 PM
cant beat a bit of happy hardcore

Novadex
02-10-06, 11:04 PM
dont get me started on music, i listen to everything! im a festival freak so i find new music all the time that i didnt no i liked. i think the only thing i dont like it cheezy popy crap that just gets over played on the radio so much that you want to throw it outa the window! ""oh boy ur likein what you see, oh boy ur likein what you see, oh boy ur likein what you see, oh boy ur likein what you see"" grrrrrrrr *weeeeeeeeeeeeee THUD!" ahhhh

Jack
03-10-06, 08:46 AM
Five

I also enjoy kroozin to the Postman Pat theme tune

hendrix
03-10-06, 09:01 AM
classic rock mostly in my cd player nowadays, but im equally into punkus rockus!! others include metal, industrial metal lol, some emo (i liked it when it was cool-honest!), reggae, D&B, 80s stuff

hate hardcore, dance, trance and all that other stuff I regard as poo. oh and most of these new "guitar" bands lmao

draper
03-10-06, 10:12 AM
i like all the happy hardcore (the older 90s stuff), lots of dance, brum n bass, hard house, the streets seem to be on my stereo quite a bit aswell at the mo

i found my oxide n neutrino album the other say and bomfunk mcs !!

but i cant stand all the indie/festival/live band type music that seems to be everywhere at the min - especially when i say i dont like it and everyone thinks your weird cuz its like the best music ever !!

dannyb
03-10-06, 06:23 PM
but i cant stand all the indie/festival/live band type music that seems to be everywhere at the min - especially when i say i dont like it and everyone thinks your weird cuz its like the best music ever !!

I know what you mean mate, theres a load of people at my uni (and who were on my art course) who like all the bands starting with 'the' (the kooks, the strokes, the.....) They all have hair like these bands which is styled to casual perfection and worry about clothes more than the girls. These bands are rubbish, bland and the same (how boring and slow is chasing cars by snowpatrol??!!) People who like these bands say they have a 'random' taste in music but its not really as its all generic, similar catagory chart music, not rare 70s vinyl from a backstreet brighton music store!
I like Beach Boys atm as they only sing about blokey stuff like surfing, birds and cars. Kevin Bloody Wilson as he swears lots (and I never got past the wee and poo jokes stage) and I like Pulp.
In fact I like any of the OLD indie from the mid ninetys the time when I was growing up, when the sun always shone and the trees smelt of sweet, sweet love.

Alex.
03-10-06, 06:28 PM
I like anything and everything.
I'm more of a rock girl though. Metallica, Manson etc any day.
Can't be doing with shouty pointless music though. Or chav music that just goes boom boom.

Ricky G
03-10-06, 06:40 PM
[quote=dannyb](how boring and slow is chasing cars by snowpatrol??!!)

not atall boring! you just gotta be in the right mood! i couldnt drive and listen to it but at work on the radio its not that bad atall! and im not ya typical student lad im a yard worker in a builders merchants, bit of a cheeky chappy and not what you would expect if you saw me! 1st impression would make you think im another bad attitude little chav! :)

Wilson
03-10-06, 06:49 PM
I listen to Garage the majority of the time. (im awaiting being called a chav lol). i also like dance and R n B.

Jack
03-10-06, 06:53 PM
^ Chav :thumb:

Lynsey
03-10-06, 07:01 PM
i am a junglist soldier hehehe:p lol
i like loads of music though... anything i can dance to i like!!;)
deep and meaningful songs make me feel sad... so i tend not to listen to them...

Saloony
03-10-06, 07:10 PM
I bought a dab radio for the cav so i could listen to Planet Rock. Into old rock, new rock anything related to it.

Stuart
03-10-06, 07:32 PM
five kick ass :D

music has been pissing me off latley.
i like the lazy boy - underware goes inside the pants track. and some osbscure mixes i got form kev. other than that i cant stand msot stuff at the moment lol

pendulum are good for driving :D

bigbened
03-10-06, 09:55 PM
speed garage
hardcore
old dance tunes(99,02)
club

rednova
03-10-06, 09:55 PM
anything and everything really depends what mood im in, 60's to happy hardcore n everything in between

nova queen
03-10-06, 11:01 PM
r & b

BIGS
04-10-06, 11:38 AM
Anything apart from cheesy pop and heavy metal. Like untaimed girl said all that shouting crap. Thats not music

macc nova
04-10-06, 12:19 PM
everything with a good beat to it. manly hiphop (not the new rubbish), dnb, and old stuff from bon jovi, wu tang etc