PDA

View Full Version : Problem after Problem.

macc nova
02-10-06, 07:20 PM
Right two weeks ago i was messin about and skidded out, hit the kerb and it was quite a thud and i bent the rear axle. (my own fault i know). Anyway after i fixed it last there has been a noise which i found out yesterday was the rear drum bearings. So today i set about fixing them, and all was hunky dory until i was driving down the dual carrigeway and BANG. The bearings exploded, and the tyre worn down to the bone. Just before i did the axle i needed a new cv boot, and new brake pads.:cry:
So tomorrow ive got to get another set of bearings and a new tyre, no wonder i can never save up for new stuff:cry:

Stuart
02-10-06, 07:25 PM
jsut get a new beam from a scrappy

macc nova
02-10-06, 07:31 PM
i got one from andy racer thats all sorted, i just need to change the bearing which exploded n a new tyre now. just it seems that it cant go a week without something goin wrong.

Lee
02-10-06, 08:43 PM
your lucky the whole wheel didnt pop off. Ive seen that happen on a corsa and it ended up with a nice big dent in the side of my Sprinter lol

stuartp
02-10-06, 08:47 PM
Ive just this minute finished doing my rear n/s bearing but i coudn't resist resetting my rear brake shoes, there spot on now!! somethin else will happen shourtly happens to all of us!! touch wood it dont!!

macc nova
02-10-06, 08:59 PM
yeh i hope it doesnt tryin to save up 4 a cage

geoff H
03-10-06, 09:00 AM
did you change the stub axle as if youve bent the rear beam you will have bent the stub

Geoff H

draper
03-10-06, 09:51 AM
welcome to the world of nova owning !!

macc nova
03-10-06, 10:34 AM
the rear axle is fine now just need to put the new beaing in