PDA

View Full Version : C16XE buying advise

Novasport
01-10-06, 06:23 PM
Going to look at a C16XE next weekend but its not in the car so cant see it running. What are the things I need to look for? its obviously difficult to check for internal damage etc but any advise.
Its a bare engine with no ancilliaries but its very cheap:) , the inlet manifold injectors & throttle body are there still I think.
Anyone got an engine wiring harness?

ste porter
01-10-06, 09:12 PM
i have 1 im gona sell in 1 weeks time just had head gasket head skimed valve stem seals all other gaskets cam belt plugs leads oil filter ect and have the pics and recipts to prove the work was carried out its still in the car but is comming out 2morow morning it will be sold with the engine loom ecu gear box starter motor alternator everything needed and im only gona want about 180 quid if your interested pm me its done about 120 thousand but like i say its just had a top end rebuild belts ect and pulls very well

Martin
01-10-06, 09:40 PM
Novasport were are you from?

Rexy has a mate sellin a 16xe for around a tonne with everthing just needs acrank sensor

Novasport
01-10-06, 10:29 PM
Kinda already bought it, its done 40,000 miles & only paying ?75 for it but no AFM, loom or alternator with it

Novasport
01-10-06, 10:48 PM
Are the heads the same as the X16XE?