PDA

View Full Version : alton towers

draper
30-09-06, 10:44 AM
went to alton towers yeaterday - was a great day out !! the place was empty, the longest queue (sp) time was 10mins !! and by-far the best ride is rita queen of speed !! spent close to ?120 tho, never mind cant have everything !!

Lee
30-09-06, 12:07 PM
Rita kicks ****! Its the best coaster there by far!

Did you get on Charlie and the Coke factory to check out my handywork? lol

Iain
30-09-06, 01:05 PM
How the fruck did you manage to spend nearly ?120? Costs me like ?30 tops. Rita kicks ass.

Did you get on Charlie and the Coke factory to check out my handywork?

Explain!

draper
30-09-06, 01:15 PM
no i didnt BT, we didnt get round that far

?30 !! its that to get in, plus my missus wanted all the photos, plus food/drinks and we bought some other bits and pieces

Lee
30-09-06, 01:22 PM
Explain!

I built and set up the rear projection rigs and screens that run the glass elevators at the end of the Charlie and the chocolate factory ride

Edit: obviously not single handedly LMAO

Philsutton
30-09-06, 02:12 PM
what are all these rides, think its along tmi since ive been lol

Iain
30-09-06, 03:40 PM
I built and set up the rear projection rigs and screens that run the glass elevators at the end of the Charlie and the chocolate factory ride

Good job, that's the best part of the ride, the elevator lol I only ever go when I get "buy one get one free" tickets, so it's ?15 to get in :cool:

nova ian
30-09-06, 07:04 PM
Just got back from there myself!!

Bloody Rita broke down and had a maaaaasive queue so didnt get to go on it.

I did however see those projection screen on Charlie and chocolate factory, impressive screens!!

went on oblivian twice seeing as there was bugger all of a queue!

good day out, just as someone said above, bit pricey

novacabrio
30-09-06, 11:33 PM
Always fancied going but at ?120 for a day out I will give it a miss

wings
01-10-06, 01:49 AM
iv bin to alton towers 3times since rita has been built and its been shut down every time :( looks good ride tho. Iv just got tickets to the halloween night, taking me gf there for her birthday. Staying in there hotel too :) Anyone ever been on halloweeeeeeen? It a good experiance

Stuart
01-10-06, 09:04 AM
i had never been ever until october last year when we decided to buy in advance and sty the night at a B&B in alton etc.

Think it was like ?22 per ticket when purchased in advance.

anyhooo it was mid week, the only queue was for oblivion and that was 3 mins lol.

had a good ole greasy fry up and 20 mins later was on nemisis and air lmao. bad idea that!!!

my favorite rides were air, rita and the pinball thing (its a bit bonkers)

you dont need to buy the pictures.. infact they are rather tacky lol.

draper
01-10-06, 11:38 AM
Good job, that's the best part of the ride, the elevator lol I only ever go when I get "buy one get one free" tickets, so it's ?15 to get in :cool:

you havent been for years then, its ?30 each to get in !!

and yeah stuart the pictures are tacky but the missus wanted them to remember our special day

longest queue we was in was for the monorail to get back to the carpark lol

edit - re-read what youd put so buy 1 get 1 free would make it ?30 between to of you, d'oh