PDA

View Full Version : single wiper

Anonymous
27-03-01, 07:54 PM
i got a single wiper conversion for my sr very cheap. its the proper monosyle one in a pack. i had the linkage fitted correctly and was proceedin to fit the straight arm which holds the wiper blade but i notice the arm had no cogs to grip the drive spindle . i put the arm on any way and tightened the nut but when i turned on my wipers the spindle just spun round and wouldnt grip the arm so i had to put back on the old 2 .gutted ,why does the arm have no cogs like a normal wiper . how will i get it to work

Anonymous
27-03-01, 10:40 PM
Cant you use some kind of washer or use the end of the wiper arm from the old blade in the new single one?? Where did you get your single wiper kit from? how much?

Anonymous
28-03-01, 05:23 PM
try using a peugeot 306 rear wiper arm there straight but the hole might be too big/small but get one from a scrappers to try it.

Anonymous
29-03-01, 03:51 PM
sounds like you have been sold the wrong wiper kit ! I haver got a peugeot 306 rear wiper arm for my single wiper conversion and it works fine. The problem you have described is the same problem I had when trying to fit the mk4 fiesta rear wiper arm, no amount of washers or little bits of metal would make that work, I suggest you send it back or get hold of a pug 306 late type rear wiper arm, its about ?18 new from Peugeot and ?7 for a 20 inch blade.

I AM INVINCABLE !!!
:O:O:O