PDA

View Full Version : Morning and hello from a new member

focus_neil
27-09-06, 08:04 AM
Just thought i would say Hi

Hi :D

Finally got myself a nova a few weeks ago due to driving and being a passanger in a few mates cars, most running 2.0 redtops.

This is my winter project and will hopefully will be ready for the vaux show at santapod next year but def ready for the trip to the RING later next year.

I will get pics up of my rot box asap but for now its locked away being stripped and fully rebuilt ready for a fully rebuilt redtop.

The cars a MK1 1.3 sr, plans are no interior, just dash, side mount buckets. Body work will stay standard but fully resprayed inside and out with maybe GTE side skirts. Might be running 14 " cav / astra cd alloys but this will prob change.

Novadex
27-09-06, 08:11 AM
sounds like you have got a good plan there m8, best of luck!..

focus_neil
27-09-06, 08:16 AM
Cheers, the only problem is now my other cars wont get the attention they deserve. :(

ANDYRACER
27-09-06, 08:45 AM
Alright mate, keep us posted on the progress of my old beast.

Lynsey
27-09-06, 09:17 AM
Hi Neil, nice to meet you lol !! I'm sure the Focus can look after itself whilst you give your Nova some TLC!! :p

focus_neil
27-09-06, 09:18 AM
will do mate.

Current got no interior, removed the dash and rewired the alarm and tied the dash loom removing any excess wires, choke cable etc.

Removed both wings, replacements to be sourced, cleaned inner wings back, removed door locks, removed rear wiper and motor and smoothed the hole.

Pics up soon as i get time :)

Matt2107
27-09-06, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the site mate.

Will you be unfolding your plans on the cheap or is it a money no object project?

Which ever way they'll be plenty of advice and tips to be had.

Edit: Just noticed you've removed the rear wiper... see if you can get yourself a saloon washer bottle.. they only have one pump and look tidier in the bay.

focus_neil
27-09-06, 09:25 AM
Hi lynz im sure it can but its crying out for a wash and polish, might have to treat it this weekend :)

Saloon washer bottle, will keep that in mind, cheers for the advice. :)

nova queen
27-09-06, 09:28 AM
hi mate and welcome to novaload, good luck with your project can't wait to see it

Lynsey
27-09-06, 09:28 AM
I had that mini washer bottle on my old nova... well cute!! dunno where it is now i will have a look through jays garage for it!;)

Matt2107
27-09-06, 09:34 AM
I'm considering stock piling the saloon washer bottles. ;)

The only downside is that you have to top up the washer fluid a bit more often as its a tad smaller.

focus_neil
27-09-06, 09:49 AM
cheers lyz got to come round and pick a seat up of jay anyway :)

draper
27-09-06, 10:25 AM
welcome to the site buddy - im building my car to similar sort of time scale

hoping to have it running properly for PV 07 and dying to go to the ring next year aswell