PDA

View Full Version : Central locking and Electric window wiring

Lucky Luke!
26-09-06, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have a diagram for wiring this lot in? I've got electric window motors and switches ( with loom ) and central locking motors ( without loom ) on the way. They are from a GSi going into what was a mk2 merit. They currently have manual doors locks and windows.

Nova Full
27-09-06, 09:31 AM
i'm sure all GSI's have a combined eletric window and central locking loom, unless somebodies split them

mikey14sr
27-09-06, 09:41 AM
The loom for both should be one piece, there's an earth connection to make on the centre tunnel, then a red (perm live) and a black (ign live) that just plug in to the right-hand-side of the fuse box.

you will probably have to drill the 'A' pillars and doors to get the wiring in aswell.

bump
27-09-06, 11:46 AM
No need to drill the A Pillars or doors. The holes are already drilled but covered by a plate, just remove that with a small chisel and your away.

Bouch
27-09-06, 12:16 PM
The leccy windows should be easy. Its just a case of getting a switched pos and neg to the switches and feeding the loom in. As for the central locking, i'm sure there was a control relay/module that was connected to the gte/gsi's locking, but i can't remember what it does. I've just ripped the cental locking and loom out of my nov, so i'll have a look for the relay. If i find it, you can have it.

Bouch

Lucky Luke!
27-09-06, 12:21 PM
Excellent, thanks buddy!

Bouch
27-09-06, 11:28 PM
Sorry chap, it looks like it's been binned. But theres plenty of gte's getting scrapped, so i'm sure you'll find one.
They are normally mounted above the parcel shelf above the near side foot well.
Bouch