PDA

View Full Version : How do i algin my headlights for MOT?

Lucky Luke!
26-09-06, 06:31 PM
As above? How do i do it so that i dont get headlamp adjustment on my fail sheet?

gilb
26-09-06, 07:51 PM
as its a mk2 u shud have electric beam adjusters inside ur car so if they aint workin thats why its failed if not there black knobly things on the headlights at the bk so turn them till there leval

Lucky Luke!
26-09-06, 08:20 PM
What i mean is, what height should they be at? My motors work, what should they be on? 0, 1, 2 or 3?

Philsutton
27-09-06, 11:14 AM
to be honest the mot stattion will normally do that in my experience. As long as they adjust, they know what they should be set to.

Adam
27-09-06, 12:28 PM
MOT place did mine last year, as one light was pointing down at the floor,Lol.

He set the dash control to 0, and then adjusted them with the plastic adjuster rods.

You then leave the control on 0 unless you need to higher/lower them if carrying extra weight in the car or something.

Jack
27-09-06, 05:29 PM
They'll be adjusted from position 0. As said, the MOT tester should do this on the test, he'll only fail them if he can't adjust them far enough to get them in range (indicating a duff mount or lamp unit), or is being an ar$e.

If you want to do it yourself, then there should be two black knobs to use, in opposide corners iirc. I used to park the car on the level about 3-4 meters from a wall and adjust the top of the (main) beam to around knee height - I think the Haynes manual says something about this but will give you a more specific height.