PDA

View Full Version : MAX POWER?

Anonymous
26-03-01, 08:53 AM
Got my 2.0 8v rolling roaded on Sunday (corsa day), it is supposed to be the 2.0 SEH 130 BHP version but it only produced 109 BHP :( ? I suspect I have been shafted with the engine and it is in fact a 115 BHP one X-(. Does anybody know how to tell the difference I can,t find any markings on the block. Also I discovered the octane plug was set to 91ron insead of 95ron but this wouldn't make that much differece would it?:(. The only other thing I can think of is that the car was slipping on the rollers, as they seemed to have a lot of problems with other cars slipping:-/ like Ian Storeys.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:40 AM
check the ecu number against this list http://www.atpelectronics.demon.co.uk/Catalogue/vauxhall.htm

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
26-03-01, 10:05 AM
Cheers Ste I'll check the numbers and let you know. I'm gutted I expected at least 125-130 BHP, but the car feels beter now the octane plug is right.

Anonymous
26-03-01, 11:48 AM
the octane plug was set to 91ron insead of 95ron - This makes alot of difference, on my tune up mine was set incorrectly and the bloke said it 'retards the system' so I would sort that out!

Anonymous
26-03-01, 12:02 PM
Yep, the car thinks the petrol has less octane, and theirfore changes the mixture and airflow accordingly. So there is no point tuning it unless the plug is correct. You will probly get more bhp and torque if ya get it sorted and retuned!

Anonymous
26-03-01, 01:14 PM
Ste checked the ECU numbers it's a C20NE 115BHP engine X-(. I am not happy at all (revenge me?;)). Not only is it the shit version of the engine the gearbox is also fucked X-( it has no 5th gear. The difference in the two is the ECU the cam and the compression, I could do the head and cam and put it on twin 45s or I could just save up for a valver engine and box, and tune it in my garage ready to drop in? hmm 150 bhp.

Anonymous
26-03-01, 06:30 PM
115 hp out ov all the graft? what a bastard!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
27-03-01, 01:17 AM
surely u didn't notice u were gettin piss on by corsa's lol ;-p bit of a harsh 1 mate i would go a seek compensation!!

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
27-03-01, 09:49 PM
My SRi 130 lump had a smooth rocker cover, whereas the lower powered lumps had mouldings and OHC on them. I thought that the 1800 was 118bhp, the 2.0 was 124bhp, and the SRi130 was 130bhp with more torque?

\_____
/__|__\_
|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
28-03-01, 08:28 AM
They do different versions MC, high torque, low torque the newer engines have the same BHP but with more torque lower in the rev range. The output also depends on the car the 130 engine makes 130 in the cav sri (tubular manifold) but only 124-126 in the astra because of the cast manifold. Mine is the worst 115 bhp version they put it your grandads Carlton :(.