PDA

View Full Version : I passed!!!

Lucky Luke!
26-09-06, 05:41 PM
Finally got my license back! with only 2 minors as well! Just need to get insurance and that sorted now!! woohoo!!!!

db_1.2
26-09-06, 05:42 PM
Well done mate, glad you done better than me!lol:thumb:

Jack
26-09-06, 05:47 PM
Well done mate, glad you done better than me!lol:thumb:
Did you not pass? :(

db_1.2
26-09-06, 05:50 PM
Did you not pass? :(

Im afraid not

Dave.
26-09-06, 05:54 PM
nice one mate. wish i could drive mine
o well 4 more years and i will be. lol

BigStan
26-09-06, 05:54 PM
Well done mate, its just you and the open road now !

hagger
26-09-06, 06:03 PM
Well done fella nice one!!:thumb: i got 7minors on mine...and 5 was on one bit of road lol!!

novaco
26-09-06, 06:12 PM

gutter mate! i know the feeling! and ive only got to weeks to wait now until my lessons start!!:thumb:

Ricky G
26-09-06, 06:16 PM
are you 13 or do you have a very long ban? or did i miss the joke?? i got a ban coming but if it was 4 years i would have to kill myself! that was a joke!

novaco
26-09-06, 06:22 PM
hes 13

JSeymour
26-09-06, 08:30 PM

think the law would have changed by then, so its 5 years! guttedlol

db_1.2
26-09-06, 08:32 PM
think the law would have changed by then, so its 5 years! guttedlol

Thats all a crock of sh*t i rekon anyway, it wont happen

JSeymour
26-09-06, 09:18 PM
I dont care anyway(for obvious reasons).

luke because you got banned then had to re-do your test your never have to do it again, which is good!

Lynsey
26-09-06, 09:34 PM
yeah or just don't get banned again that would also be good...

General Baxter
26-09-06, 09:34 PM
should not of got banned in the first place, then this thread would not have been written, then i would not of got an extra post count, then i would of been sad

this thread is crap lol

Jack
26-09-06, 09:41 PM
think the law would have changed by then, so its 5 years! gutted lol
Thats all a crock of sh*t i rekon anyway, it wont happen
They've been talking about raising the age of driving, or imposing restrictions on young drivers since I was learning, so its already been a good 7 years of not doing it! lol

matt1chelski
26-09-06, 10:02 PM
lol Everyone says every year, its going up to 18, but it never has. BUT apparently, (according to my instrtor), your going to have to do a whole year in the car as a learner before yu can go take your test. :wtf: ****ed up i know.

Lucky Luke!
27-09-06, 09:34 AM
Well thanks for the comments guys, Yeah i shouldn't of got banned in the first place but if i hadn't then i wouldnt have had a year to sort my car out, and also learn the true appreciation of driving! ( living in the middle of nowhere with just a bike is really **** ) Anyways i done loads better doing my test this time round than i did when i first done it!

Matt2107
27-09-06, 09:39 AM
Tbh I think its a good idea to make learners learn for a whole year.

My mate took 5 or 6 test before he passed and now... hasnt even got a car lol

craig green
27-09-06, 10:04 AM
hes 13

Ah Bless.

Glad you got yer license back Luke. :thumb:

nova queen
27-09-06, 10:04 AM
bet u can't wait to get stuck in

Lynsey
27-09-06, 10:13 AM
bet u can't wait to get stuck in

lol :eek: lol

Matt2107
27-09-06, 10:14 AM
All the way in!

Lucky Luke!
27-09-06, 10:17 AM
All the way into what????

draper
27-09-06, 10:20 AM
well done mate, i only got 1 minor but meh

as happy as you are now you'll cry when you get insurance quotes

Lucky Luke!
27-09-06, 10:23 AM
Thats what daddys for! He's insuring my car under his name till i can afford to!

craig green
27-09-06, 10:53 AM
All the way in!

I would! lol

matt1chelski
27-09-06, 12:06 PM
Tbh I think its a good idea to make learners learn for a whole year.

Why? What about people who learn quick, i would be still practicing untill next july, for what? Theres no more i can do, ill just be goin over and over what i already done.
However, i think something should be done, such as making the pass plus compulsery or sommit. But then i also think a CBT should be made standard in a driving test (those of you who ride motorbikes know what i mean!) but thats a whole other story.....

Adam
27-09-06, 12:12 PM
Why? What about people who learn quick, i would be still practicing untill next july, for what? Theres no more i can do, ill just be goin over and over what i already done.

It wont matter, EVERY learner will have to drive for at least 1 year.

draper
27-09-06, 12:21 PM
just a money making scheme i reckon

as for the CBT, y? or are you gonna start all that cars dont pay enough attention to bikers malarky ?

matt1chelski
27-09-06, 04:01 PM
But if someone was test ready in 3 months, what else can they do for another 9 months? Where as, if everyone had to o pas plus aftr,you would learn more IMO.

And as for the bike thing, yes, there are a large amount of car drivers who dont even bother looking for bikers, and i have the marks in my boxers to prove it lol. Although, on a larger cale, they are prob a minority.

Mat

Matt2107
27-09-06, 04:12 PM
However, i think something should be done, such as making the pass plus compulsery or sommit. But then i also think a CBT should be made standard in a driving test (those of you who ride motorbikes know what i mean!) but thats a whole other story.....

Just because you can drive doesnt make you a safe driver. (not a personal attack lol I've already told you to die i think.)

By making them learn for a year it will increase their actual driving hours which in my opinion makes for better drivers.

You think about how often someone comes on here and does a I've passed thread then a week later does a I've totalled my car thread.

Dave.
27-09-06, 04:23 PM
congratulations luke. now you can go at 3mph on the kirb and run over people who i hate. lol
or as scousers call them berrys

matt1chelski
27-09-06, 04:34 PM
I suppose you have a point. I dont give a monkeys anyway, i got my test in 2 weeks. Plus my old dear is going to be an instructor. lol.
*must not prang* *must not prang* lol

novabex
27-09-06, 04:35 PM
well done...

i need to do mine again...

Jack
27-09-06, 04:38 PM
You think about how often someone comes on here and does a I've passed thread then a week later does a I've totalled my car thread.
Andyracer lol

IMO making someone learn for longer won't make them a better driver, but teaching them how to drive a car rather than how to pass a test (which is essentially how the system works now) will make improvements.

Also the old ideas about limiting engine sizes depending on experience; yes its a good idea in some respects, but if Mr Chav wants to crash, he'll happily crash no matter what engine is in the car. And lest we forget cars with smaller engines tend to be the poverty spec models with crappy brakes, less safety equipment etc than their bigger-engined bretheren.

Jack
27-09-06, 04:39 PM
well done...

i need to do mine again...
Why?

Matt2107
27-09-06, 04:41 PM
Plus they'd be more likely to push the car right to its limits if it has a weeny hair dryer. lol

Matt2107
27-09-06, 04:41 PM
Why?

She was obviously on the pull while driving or someting.

novabex
27-09-06, 04:52 PM
She was obviously on the pull while driving or someting.

Eh?

matt1chelski
27-09-06, 10:15 PM
Also the old ideas about limiting engine sizes depending on experience; yes its a good idea in some respects, but if Mr Chav wants to crash, he'll happily crash no matter what engine is in the car. And lest we forget cars with smaller engines tend to be the poverty spec models with crappy brakes, less safety equipment etc than their bigger-engined bretheren.

But in reality, it is like that, with the cost of insurence most young uns are resricted to sub 1.4 cars at the most.