PDA

View Full Version : track rod ends

Anonymous
25-03-01, 08:20 PM
how do u remove the track rod ends i undid the bolts connecting the to the hub and after a few turns the who ball joint was turning so there was no way to get it of how do i do it with otu anglegrinding it off like i did to the other side

Anonymous
25-03-01, 09:46 PM
They are that cheap just grind it off. If it spins it spins not a great deal you can do.

I think mine cost me about ?3 each feck all really is it?

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:01 PM
Wot, u will screw the rod threads! U need to use an oxyacetalean torch if they r stuck! I think garages charge like ?30 to sort it!

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:11 PM
or get a big Foff bit of metal and have a mate lever it down so the thing cant spin as you undo it. i found this out today!! its great, very handy

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
26-03-01, 12:53 AM
sumtimes a sharp smack with a hammer will force it down enough so it will grip

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:39 AM
loads of wd40 to clean the threads first then the nut doesn't get stuck

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
26-03-01, 07:25 PM
A decent adjustable spanner on the flat of the rod, or long 9mm spanner. Get someone to hold it while you give the end some wellie! (i had to cook mine with the welding bottles to free the rod off enough to adjust the tracking) When you rebuild it use loads of coppa-slip on the threads. ;)

Anonymous
26-03-01, 11:38 PM
get a m8 to hold the steering wheel hard over an keep the pressure on then smack were the ball joint sits in to an it drops out never failed me yet

will get my car finished one day