PDA

View Full Version : How much 4 a tune up?

Anonymous
25-03-01, 04:54 PM
does anyone know how much for a good tune up? Anyone know anywhere good in merseyside or the northwest? anyone got any idea around how much bhp i should have on a 1400 sr with a full exhaust system, k+n, spitfire ht leads and spitfire plugs? BTW are spitfire leads meant to be everlasting i.e never nead replacign or not? thx
Ian

Anonymous
25-03-01, 05:37 PM
from ?15 upwards

bin the splitfire plugs!!! get NGK type R ones!!! they are the best plugs around

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
25-03-01, 07:05 PM
Yeah I Paid ?40 For a Rolling Road + Tune Up, that was at AutoTechnics in Gillingham! a bit far for you though! lol

Anonymous
26-03-01, 07:33 PM
I paid ?50 for a rolling road tune-up in a garage in the North-West. I got 90Bhp from my 1.4SR with full exhaust, K&N Filter and Bosch Super 4's. I think that must have been at the flywheel, unless I've lost 10Bhp somewhere coz I had it on the rollers at the rolling road day in January, I was getting 80Bhp at the Wheels which is about 100Bhp at the Fly-wheel. If you want directions for the garage, Mail us.
Jim

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
27-03-01, 11:07 PM
pro tec in preston do a rolling road tune for ?35 iv been told not sure though, give em a ring and find out, let us know though because im after going myself