PDA

View Full Version : gsi engine starting problems

burgo
25-09-06, 11:47 PM
today ive been helping a mate do the finishing touches to his gsi lump swap. all was going fine until we tested for a spark!! now when your turning it over there is nothing yet as soon as you let go of the key you get one spark:confused: . this has got me a little confused and would like some surgestions as to what it might be

thank you please

tookie
26-09-06, 12:11 PM
i have the same problem after putting a 1.4sr lump in my 1.0 cant find out why its doing my head in!

craig green
26-09-06, 01:39 PM
sounds like coil wiring

burgo
26-09-06, 03:22 PM
sounds like coil wiringon the gsi lump though you just plug the coil in so how can it be wrong

Ste L
26-09-06, 03:26 PM
what about the switched live feed?

could be wired to a non cranking live, when letting off the key, its getting power? hence the spark then?

probably aint right, but just a sugestion?

burgo
26-09-06, 03:29 PM

could be wired to a non cranking live, when letting off the key, its getting power? hence the spark then?

probably aint right, but just a sugestion?ahhh good idea ill give it a go

Adam
26-09-06, 05:06 PM
It wouldn't happen to be a 1L originally would it ;)

Fit a proper switched live, its the 1L resistor wire causing your problems.

ste porter
26-09-06, 06:57 PM
try connecting your main live feed to the coil to direct to the battery and test it if it works then you have got the coil live feed connected to a non cranking live (when you turn the ignition on it will be live but when u crank it over it will go dead)

burgo
27-09-06, 11:32 AM

probably aint right, but just a sugestion?you win, give yaself a cookie lol. swopped it onto a cranking live and she fired straight up so thank you mr ste

Ste L
27-09-06, 01:07 PM
no problem fella, glad i could help :thumb: