PDA

View Full Version : gte engine

Anonymous
24-03-01, 06:12 PM
i am putting a gte engiune into my 1.4sr but how much faster will it really be? i now it 100bhp and what mods can i do to it and what sort of power gains cheers ;]

Anonymous
24-03-01, 06:21 PM
put twin 40s on it, get a rally cam, head work(ported polished), lightened bottom end, bored out slightley.

Anonymous
24-03-01, 09:06 PM
I've just put that engine in mine m8, its not too much quicker upto 60, but above that its great!Its better on fuel, and pulls much better at lower revs! I have a few ways to add more bhp and quicker response if ur interested! But I cant give all my secrets away! If u havent fitted it yet let me know and ill do a list of wot u need!

And by the way u dont need a GTE loom!! Only the engine loom!

Anonymous
25-03-01, 02:07 PM
Did you keep the injection dicko? I think the fuel economy is suspect if you slap twin 40`s on it? I`ve got a GTE and think the injection is ideal (especialy in winter, no carb icing, choke to worry about, large fuel bills etc) :)

Anonymous
25-03-01, 04:28 PM
Get the Engine tuned!!! I got my GTE tuned, and after tweaking, the car managed 119 BHP at the Fly wheel, (with K&N, Bosh Super 4's, and HT Leads.) Certainly noticed a difference after it was tuned!! :)

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:06 PM
Twin 40`s are not the hassle people make out. For starters, you dont need a choke, they start well coz there is so much air and fuel, and they dont drink that much if setup properly. I do about 30mpg+.

Whoopass! :D