PDA

View Full Version : Bootlid vinyl

GTE TURBZ
25-09-06, 12:01 PM
Hello Guys wondering if you could help me, Ive got a Nova GTE and i looking to restore it to its former glory, I'm getting a full respray as the body's rotten however im not sure where i can get the vinyl from for the bootlid and the side pilar in between the front and and back windows?????

And also how would the old one come off and how are the decal stickers put on? I've seen them on ebay but not the vinyl sheet??

Your info will be much appreciated.........?:thumb:

NickWalliams
25-09-06, 09:06 PM
Either paint it on or go to a local sign makers/vinyl place and get some made up, or scan ebay but orignal stuff fetch's very good money!

craig green
27-09-06, 11:12 AM
Ive got a link somewhere from Astra-mk2.com

A user called Harvey found a vinyl supplier that does almost the same stuff as OE dealer vinyl for about ?14 for enough to do a tailgate & B pillars etc.

I'll find it later. Its like vinylshop.com or similar.

GTE TURBZ
27-09-06, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys yeah i've though about spraying it on, but getting the actual vinyl would be prefered.

But yeah if you can get back to me on the details it will be appreciated, not too bothered about the price im sure it wont be that expensive,

on the other hand as im getting the whole car resprayed im sure the body shop might be able to come up with something if i cant get it!!:confused: but it defo is available as the bloke seeling that mint white H-reg gte managed to get some, asked him but no response.

Riggy
27-09-06, 07:14 PM
yeah i would be interested in that aswell , been to vaux today but they can no longer get it

TommySR
27-09-06, 07:33 PM
Ive got a link somewhere from Astra-mk2.com

A user called Harvey found a vinyl supplier that does almost the same stuff as OE dealer vinyl for about ?14 for enough to do a tailgate & B pillars etc.

I'll find it later. Its like vinylshop.com or similar.

The site is The Vinyl Corperation if i remember right, i ordered this stuff, its called Blackboard Vinyl and it cost me ?12 to do my B Pillars, its mint stuff, exactly like the original stuff! :thumb:

Lynsey
28-09-06, 08:37 AM
you can get it off using a heat gun... carefully peel it. You will soon get the hang of it, if it is too cold it will leave sticky stuff and if it gets too hot it burns like fook!!

supernova1992
29-09-06, 06:58 PM
ive had absolutely NO luck whatsoever getting that vinyl off my B-pillars..
stubborn stuff it is...