PDA

View Full Version : Modding

Anonymous
23-03-01, 09:50 PM
Anybody know what sort of price I should be paying for a single wiper conversion, and are the easy to fit??
Iam also concidering lowering the car a Nova Sport and fitting som after market wheels. What size of wheel would you recomend with out too many mods like rolling of arches.Will 15" be too big??
What brakes should I use. It has been suggested that GTE brakes thats discs and calipers will fit is this the case?
Thanks

stereo is my name 155db is my game

Anonymous
24-03-01, 12:00 AM
Hi m8. Is your car on the road?
Pop along to the PNG meeting next sunday (April 1st).
If you need directoins look on www.courtenaynova16vturbo.co.uk or post here and ill meet up with you outside gloucester.

I made my own single wiper last week and it only cost me ?5....better than paying ?90 for a kit that works no better.
It works perfectly and is a doddle to fit.
I dont mind showing you how/helping you to make one.
"15 multispoke wheels would look awesome on the sport (esp.in white) and with 195/45/15 tyres would not need much work to get on at all.:)

Anonymous
24-03-01, 05:03 PM
sport is mk1 and u would need moderate mods to get 15" wheels on even with 45 pofile tyres

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-03-01, 07:20 PM
Its a shame you are going to modify it, as the numbers are gettin low. All I say is just keep it subtle, please!
Try 185/55/15, thats what I`ve got, and they dont even come close to rubbing anywhere, so you wont need to disturb the bodywork. Freak is correct about the wiper conversion. From what I have heard the homemade ones work better, and cost a damn site less. ?10 for homemade, and ?100ish for a kit.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
24-03-01, 09:41 PM
Thanks Folks. Anything that I do to the Sport will be reversable, and I will keep all the original parts to replace. It already has LXi alloys that were fitted by somebody else, and I don't have the original wheels.

stereo is my name 155db is my game

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:21 AM
I dont know if there is any diff between the arches on a sport and a swing but ive got a Mk1 and 195/55/15 went on with no mods what so eva :D :D :D :D

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:21 AM
I dont know if there is any diff between the arches on a sport and a swing but ive got a Mk1 and 195/55/15 went on with no mods what so eva :D :D :D :D