PDA

View Full Version : free corsa sri engine.

toby.d
23-09-06, 04:55 PM
blew it up last week.its snaped a few cam followers and has cracked the bit where the springs on top of the valves sit.but will be good for like all the injection side of things.doesnt come eith the loom or exhaust but includes the gearbox which i think is all ok.the car had 140k but used to run sweet.did have a top end rebuilt bout 2k ago.free to any1 that can take it away as i dont need it anymore. i live in hintlesham just outside of ipswich.

ste porter
24-09-06, 12:31 AM
what nick is the bottom end? did it smoke cause i want a bottom end and even though its free its still a fair way for me 2 travel in a striped 2.0l with no stereo lol

toby.d
24-09-06, 01:30 PM
i think the bottom end is alright.i havent ever had i apart to see if its ok.wud prob benifit from a rebuilt if ur gona use it for hard driving but i used to drive it abit hard and never had any problems with it.so id say its solid but dont keep me to it.i was told that vaxhaul designed the engine to crack the cam followers if they over rev so from that i dont think anydamage hass been made to it.thanks