PDA

View Full Version : Brakes aF**King gain

Anonymous
22-03-01, 04:14 PM
right i got my box o stuff from nova rally the only thing that he supplied that he told me he was goin to is the knuckles!! he has sent me manky looking GTE calipers with $hagged pads, and he sed he would send reconditioned GSI calipers!!! with new pads. he also sed he would send 236mm discs and i think he has sent 256 ones!!

will it all fit under 13" std wheels?? are the calipers a universal size so that 236-256 discs will fit??

what a muppet!!! im never getting ne thing from him again!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
22-03-01, 04:24 PM
sounds like he's a bit of a bull5h1ter!!!!
I don't know much about the brakes, but are the GSi ones not the same as GTE ones?? you can get a reconditioning kit for around ?12 per caliper, bit of an arse, but worth doing, unless you are going to send the lot back to nova rally.
by the way, is Nova rally someone on this site or is it a company?????

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
22-03-01, 04:58 PM
haha you mean Mr C Smith dont you!! i got some bits from him, hes an ok bloke, but you need to go and see the stuff yourself, dont mail order anything!

Anonymous
22-03-01, 05:08 PM
i kinda found that one out a bit on the late side.

GSI calipers are better than GTE ones. they done ceaze as much or at all as far as i know!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
22-03-01, 05:28 PM
I mailed him about a few things, he seems like I right grumpy Cun7!

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

DANGSI@NOVALOAD.ORG.UK

Anonymous
22-03-01, 05:28 PM
THAT F.UCKING TWAT!!!! the stuff is 256mm and guess what i dont bloody fit!!!!! what a total gimp he is!!! ive just emailed him telling him of his error and asked what he would like to do to sort it out.

What do you guys (and gals) think should be done??

Anonymous
22-03-01, 07:00 PM
I've just got some 256mm discs with new calipers, they sit under 15's with plenty of room - completely was not worth buying bigger discs though, I thought it would be however the pads that fit them are exactly the same size as the 236mm ones - Pi**ed me off a bit!

Anonymous
22-03-01, 07:03 PM
Mr Smith is a good bloke and will sort it out no bother at all.

256mm is better then gte/gsi you know as in valver stuff (if the callipers fit!)

there aint no difference between gte and gsi stuff tis the very same gear.

Like chill out baby everyone makes mistakes!

I mail ordered a valver engine etc etc etc it's spot on but one of the callipers he send was shagged so I got a load of other stuff for nowt!

The engine is proper coscast job and goes like feck yippee!

What you have to remember is he is a bit short on the phone because all day long he gets young kiddos asking for this that and the other with no idea of what they are on about and nine times out of ten they never buy anything.

Jimbo.

Anonymous
22-03-01, 07:16 PM
the GSI calipers are slightly different to the GTE ones. the fact that i want 236mm ones is to get em under my 13" wheels.

if hes as good on his word as you say then i assume it will be sorted

Anonymous
22-03-01, 10:14 PM
Well i did warn every1 about this guy, he ripped me off over my engine by not sending the gearbox, and it costing me ?60 to reapir broken parts on the engine! He said it was in perfect condition! In the end it cost me ?220 more than it should have done! Also he lies lots! U wouldnt believe some of the porkies he has told me becuz i said i was gonna go collect my gearbox!

Anonymous
22-03-01, 10:36 PM
Dicko,
Alot of people on this forum have bought parts from Colin and have been happy. But I agree with what someone said about going and seeing what you buy, that way you make sure you get the right parts, and you know that they are in good nick. I personally would never buy an engine without going and seeiong and hearing it running, but everyone to their own.

Chris

Anonymous
23-03-01, 03:28 AM
ive dealt with colin, and even drove down to c him in bournemouth to pick up bits and he always is able to sort me out with a good deal. I was gonna buy a set of 16v calipers and discs off of him but he warned me they wouldnt fit under my wheels, so he cant just be out to lie and cheat people out of money.

Anonymous
23-03-01, 08:31 AM
He seems OK to me, cambridge get some 14" wheels and tyres from the scrappy of an sr? or something and fit the 256mm stuff, you will never have any more problems with your brakes. Has Colin Smith got any?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
23-03-01, 03:56 PM
they should fit, ive put standard steelies on with my astra gte brakes.with no probs, it was a tad close though but they fit.

Anonymous
23-03-01, 04:31 PM
ive lined em up and they dont fit!! i cant afford to get diff wheels. and the calipers are the wrong ones!!! Y do you think i SPECIFIED the ATE ones if i didnt want them???

Anonymous
23-03-01, 07:53 PM
Cambridge trust me there is no difference between gte and gsi brakes they both use the 236mm discs, same as 1.8i astra gte's
ATE callipers only come for 256mm discs so if as you say you specified ate callipers then he may of sent the disc to match but then again I may of read your post wrong!
Try to remember that things you are sold come off cars so they do not come boxed up nice shiney and new.
Have you rang Colin? What has he said? Do you think it is fair to slag someone off on a message board if you have no real reason to? Chill out. You wouldn't like it if someone slagged you off because of a mistake or misunderstanding
what you must realise is if you asked for ATE callipers this is what you have so it may be partly your own fault however good your intentions may of been.

Jimbo

For fecks sake I worship your fecking electronic skills boy!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 08:41 PM
You read it wrong mate!!

I HAVE AC DELCO CAPILERS DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND THEM TO YOU SO YOU CAN LOOK AT THEM!!??!!

do you not think i know what im asking for!! you know why? because the 92 onwards novas had ATE calipers OR DONT YOU KNOW FU.UK ALL!!!

just take a look at the spec of the calipers and discs on www.needforspeed.co.uk LOOK AND THINK B4 YOU TALK UTTER $HIT!!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 11:40 PM
ding ding round 1

of course i was very, very drunk

Anonymous
24-03-01, 05:12 PM
jimbo the brakes are diffrent form gsi and gte the callipers are toataly diffrent
they are mini sized astra ate callipers so b4 you go off spouting bolloxs and sticking up for your mate i sugesst you learn sum nova info so u dont look stupid

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-03-01, 05:16 PM
micky mate, are there any other vauxhalls that have the same calipers as the GSI??

Anonymous
25-03-01, 12:13 AM
woooo I stand corrected hey Cambridge no need to shout. Micky I wouldn't say I spout bollox (not all the time) and trust me I am not sticking up for my "mate" as I've only met him once and spoke a couple of times and as we live at other ends of the country we don't go hand in hand if that is what you think.
All I was trying to point out is don't go shouting off about people if you haven't even spoke to them. We all make mistakes! To many times on this site I have read abuse flying left right and centre only because people know they live to far away to have to worry about a knock on the door from whoever they slag off.
I don't wish for this to spiral into a never ending slagging match 'cause to be honest I can't be arsed. Remember you would not like it if the tables where turned. So don't be so quick to slag people off (me included)

As for learning some info on novas so I don't look so stupid. Well I have a natural ability to look stupid but I have learned to live with it. Also I have built my own valver nova gsi. I bought it stripped it hacked the front to bits rebuilt it painted it everything. All by my "dumb arse don't know feck all about novas" self (feel free to look on nova web) I am a qualified car body repairer, spraypainter and mechanic. Not to mention a couple of tickets here and there for welding (gas, arc,mig,and ohh tig). Lastly being just a little older then you lot no doubt. Cars are only one of the many jobs I have decided to get qualified up to the eye balls in I have also done other shit like running pubs,clubs, book keeping etc. I could go on but I don't want to apear just a little bit p1ssed off. Tsk does that answer the question "OR DON'T YOU KNOW FECK ALL?"

Jimbo.

ps. Is that in then? Or is it fisty cuffs after skool?

Qualified to feck, So worship my chuffing skills....baby.

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:03 AM
i personally think call it quits as i am betting things sorted with mr smith. Fair play to you for doing all that stuff. Its fair to say that we all know about certain stuff about various bits of a mota, and in general too.

so lets leave it here. to be honest both colin and I made the mistake, just i blew it totaly out of proprtion coz my cars been off the road for 2 months and i finally got parts and then they werent the right ones and you know how it is, something like that will really get you mad.

on a lighter note ITS THE SUMMER TIME :D:D

Anonymous
25-03-01, 09:35 PM
Far out baby I can live with that.

It aint summer here yet fecking -4 :(

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:08 PM
have faith!! :D

Anonymous
26-03-01, 06:37 PM
fair enough me thinks

do u want to kiss and make up?

lol

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-03-01, 10:10 PM
Don't take the p1ss!